Moving to a new PC

ardee

I have moved my Skystar 2 PCI card to a new PC and installed only DVBViewer-GE, which is what I was using previously.

On starting DVBViewer I am asked for my DVB-Pro username and password, which is accepted and the program runs for a while until the log-in box pops up again. I then have to close DVBViewer and start it again with my username and password. Can anyone tell me what is going on, please?

On starting DVBViewer I am asked for my DVB-Pro username and password, which is accepted and the program runs for a while until the log-in box pops up again.

Possible reasons:

- You didn't enter the username and password correctly

- You didn't launch DVBViewer GE with admin rights the first time, so the data ended up in virtual store (Vista and Win7).

Please check the following registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CM&V\DVBViewer

where username and password should be present.

I unpacked everything to Program Files, then used Windows Explorer to find the exe file, right clicked and then "run as administrator". I have tried this more than once. What should I be doing? The filter registered OK.

HKEY_USERS\<User SID>_Classes\VirtualStore\Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\CM&V\DVBViewer is where it was. I deleted \CM&V and ran again as administrator. The correct information is now in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CM&V\DVBViewer, but it has made no difference. Every time DVBViewer starts it asks for the login.

Is the extra folder in the path the problem?

Is the extra folder in the path the problem?

I don't think so. Windows 64 should automatically remove it for 32 bit apps. Maybe you have mistyped the username or password? Check it carefully. Pay attention to additional blanks that slipped in and upper/lower case letters. Another possible reason is a blacklisted key, because it has been published somewhere.

I have copied and pasted the key several times and checked it for spaces, but you must be right. I typed it in by hand and it works.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by ardee