Problem with streams "video_full_range_flags" in A-100 Popc

Hi from spain, excuse me for my poor english.

You find the same Phänomän with wrong flagged HDTV DVB streams like the one from germans Prem. broadcast of HD-Discovery. Here the flag "video_full_range_flags" is set what means PC-colorspace. However, the DVB-Stream will be transmitted in DVD/DVB colorspace as it the DVB standard prescribes. DVB receiver is ignoring this flag and works at all time in DVD/DVB colorspace .

If you play such a Stream, however, on a multimedia player as for example the Popcornhour again it comes with these Streams to the same problems like with wrong colorspace setting on HDMI!

The original text:

http://www.cypheros.de/colspace_e.html

Is it possible to change the "video_full_range_flags" before sending the stream to my PopcornHour?

Thanks in advanced!

no this is not possible. First of all: I wouldn't know where to find and change it and second and more important, this would mean each stream would have to be parsed and this is a no go.

Just set the colorspace in the popcorn hour. It's under settings -> video I think.

Thanks for you fast reply.

I can change it in the menu of PopcornHour but is not the solution because depending on the channel have the flag or not, because on every channel I have a different brightness levels.

With the TS-Doctor program can correct me but of course this is only worth to the recordings, not the live stream.

Here you leave a link program

http://www.cypheros.de/dvb_e.html

And here announcing that it is possible to correct:

# Correction of wrong video_full_range_flags (colorspace) in DVB streams!

Thanks!!

Hi,

what isabido means is a problem in H264 video streams where the broadcaster sets the video_full_range_flag in the sequence_parameter_set. This is not correct for DVB streams because all video streams have the same reduced colorspace as DVDs.

Here in Germany exists the same problem with Sky HD. They do it wrong, too. Many people don't recognize the difference in colour but if you make a direct compare you will see it.

Here is a little expaination of the colorspace error: German or English

Greetings

Cypheros

Hi Lars,

I've tried again now with a PS3 and the same problem occurs.

I definitely think that the problem it should fix the service provider to send its signal badly treated, but it would be interesting from our DVBViewer possible fix.

Thanks in advanced!