HVR-1100, Win7, WMC DVBV mystery

washboardmac

Hi Folks

Have just built a new machine for Win 7 and decided to put in my not-much-used Hauppauge HVR-1100.

Win 7 got most parts installed and a Hauppauge patch updated all the drivers. All working fine in Win Med Ctr. All channels found.

However have just installed 4.2.1 DVBV and had probs right from the off. Scan for channels (UK DVB-T) finds only just a few even though I can see the scan pause at known freq's with a very good signal strength.

If I just accept that problem for now even if I select one of those channels in DVBV there's nothing coming through. The device is found, there're no error messages but DVB Source just shows 'no data' as does ffdshow.

Never had this problem before; I've atually made a new feed to the PC from a proper ext aerial, which as I say, works 100% with Win Med Ctr.

At a deadend! :)

Help appreciated

Andy

Hi

Thanks for that - it's a useful tool

It found 119 items across all 6 muxes so no problem there. However 'Add/update' is greyed out so I can't get the channels into DVBV :)

So progress but still not home!

Andy

Hi

Thanks for that. Have managed to add channels by 'Save to file' from TransEdit and importinig into DVBV by right clicking on the root in the channel editor.

Sorry to be a pain but still have problems; black screen after changing channels. If I quit and relaunch DVBV then the new channel is selected.

Never had any major problems with DVBV - been using it for 4 years - but this is testing me!

Yours

Andy

No not that I can see.

93 channels available, some with the usual NAR version

At a loss now

Incidently I'm getting 'no hardware available' - I'll have to reboot. The card's been 'killed'

Cheers

Andy

PS will pick this up at a later stage - work beckons!