Remote control (Terratec)

re_ras

Got a TV-tuner for my computer, it's a Terratec cinergy PCI HD-card, with a remote control. How do I get the remote control to work with DVBViewer?

Thanks //Rasmus

It's been a while since I did it, so the brain is a bit rusty!! This is on XP, but should not be too different in other OS's.

Run the Remote Control software from the Terratec menu under the start button. If it is not there, you can dowonload it from the Terratec Website. Go to Supprt & Drivers, select 'TV' and choose the card. The download should be listed.

Click on the 'Command Sets' tab and right click any where in the list of software and select 'New'. Add 'DVBViewer' as the name and slect DVBViewer.exe from the list of executable files. Click 'Next'. If your remote is the same as mine, it is the Cinergy 2400i DT.

This then goes onto the keys editor menu, where you can reassign the keys to match the shortcuts listed in DVBViewer software: Settings -> Options. Choose 'Input' from the list on the left.

When you have finished re-assiging the keys click Next and Finish and then assign DVBViewer to one of the keys listed on the Menu tab. Under the Options tab, make sure that the "Exclusive for" box is not ticked!!

The bottom line is that it is possible and it does work!!

Hope this helps,

Cian.

Edited by Cian