Terratec H5 DVB-C no channels

barrygreybeard

I have just purchased DVBViewer to use with my Terratec H5 DVB-C tuner

All works with the bundled Terratec software and with MediaPortal but the latest version of DVBViewer doesn't find any channels. Before I bought it I tried the Transedit 3.3.0.0 demo and it found all my channels and I can preview them. But neither DVBViewer not Transdedit 3.5.4.0 can find the channels. I have used the same scan parameters in both programs

Any ideas anyone

thanks

Barry

I got the terratec cinergy htc usb xs hd, which should be the same hardware as your H5.

Works quite well for me with Win XP and the BDA-Drivers from terratec, version 5.9.1202. I had a few other issues but seems like they got worked out meanwhile.

For settings -> "Options/Hardware"

I have disabled the DVB-T-tuner (State: "Do not use") and use only DVB-C-tuner (State: "normal"). Further I had to disable "Has CI Modul" as my DVB-C has none and set the timer for "retune" to 7 seconds and "direct tuning OFF" to get it working without problems. For channel scanning, I used "transponderlist: none", symbolrates default (6900,6111,6876), only active channels, free to air only, start- and endfrequency as default (50500 to 858000), and pressed "Scan Range" - not Frequency. It took about 1h to complete the scan and it also shows how much it finds. If you know your frequencys, you can try using the up/down-buttons to narrow the frequency range. I would not edit the values by myself, as it seems there are certain steps here.

As a side-note:

Due some problems I occuring when watching or trying to watch a channel, I had to delete all channels and rescan everything. Now it works as it should be. Maybe I did something wrong when scanning the first time, which caused troubles later, I dont know.

I got the terratec cinergy htc usb xs hd, which should be the same hardware as your H5.

Works quite well for me with Win XP and the BDA-Drivers from terratec, version 5.9.1202. I had a few other issues but seems like they got worked out meanwhile.

For settings -> "Options/Hardware"

I have disabled the DVB-T-tuner (State: "Do not use") and use only DVB-C-tuner (State: "normal"). Further I had to disable "Has CI Modul" as my DVB-C has none and set the timer for "retune" to 7 seconds and "direct tuning OFF" to get it working without problems.

that did it thank you so much! I didnt know what direct tuning was so left all those values at ther defaults, now I know better thanks again!

Barry