Recording stream stops at unexpected intervals

I have recently had the recording service not complete correctly a good number of long recordings - around 3 or 4 or 5 hour recordings. At some point in the recording the stream breaks and it cannot pick up the stream again. Or something like that. For example, last night I set a 4 hour recording, and after 1 hour and 40 minutes it stopped recording.

I am attaching two files, support.zip and the part of the SVCLog that deals specifically with what happened last night when it stopped recording. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. After the failed recording last night I had another 4 hour recording scheduled, which began 1 hour after the 1st one was supposed to finish, and which used the same hardware, and same channel. It recorded perfectly.

Edited by JoeH

Last night I had the same problem, but this time the log indicated something different when the program stopped recording. The recoding began at 2:55 AM and was programmed to end about 4 hours later. At 3:46 AM it stopped effectively recording - the video is 51 minutes long. In the log (cf. attached) at that moment when the recording stopped working correctly is the following:

28.05.10 03:46:33.069 TBDACIFireDTVModule.InitModule Available

28.05.10 03:46:37.218 TBDACIFireDTVModule.InitModule Available

Any feedback about these errors would be welcome. At this point I think I will probably be downgrading to build 55 of the 1.5 version of the beta Recording Service to see if that will fix the problems.

Any feedback about these errors would be welcome. At this point I think I will probably be downgrading to build 55 of the 1.5 version of the beta Recording Service to see if that will fix the problems.

Best bet would be to bump this thread after the release of DVBViewer. From what i have understood Lars carries a heavy load by himself and probably cant be of assistance right now cuz of that.

BTW it would of course be intersting to know if you are experiencing the same issue with 1.5.55 or if this is a 1.6 issue alone.

I haven't tested FTA yet (I'll post the results when I do), but I did try changing the CAM last night. I switched out the Diablo Cam and put in the Diablo Cam 2, with the latest Ipnosys 15 firmware to see if that would make any difference.

Same problem, same error - "TBDACIFireDTVModule.InitModule Available" appears twice in the log and the recording stops.

Thanks. So, to confront this problem I am going to play around now with the settings "Retune on missing stream after..." and "Stop stream while tuning".

Any other suggestions?

Also, what does the "TBDACIFireDTVModule.InitModule Available" log while a recording is going on indicate has happened? Thanks again.

P.S. I have used this same hardware setup, CAMs, cards, etc. for about a year now, and have only seen this problem in the few weeks.

I tried everything I could think of, including putting a fan on the CAM in case it was overheating, and had no luck. So, today I went back to DVBViewer without the Recording Service. I have run two tests so far of HD recordings using the CAM and card that were causing problems with the Recording Service - and they worked perfectly! One was 2.5 hours, and the other was just 45 minutes.

I will run more tests to confirm and let you know.

Here is my support.zip with my current configuration. The Recording Service is still installed, but is currently turned off.

Edited by JoeH

Unfortunately I ran a few more tests and they both failed at random times, with the same "InitModule Available" log. I must have just gotten lucky the first couple of times.

Any suggestions on how to fix a CAM - card error are very welcome. I really don't know what to do now. Thanks.

Edited by JoeH
  • 3 weeks later...

I fixed this problem by installing the Horizon firmware instead of the Underworld firmware on the CAM. It seems others are having the same problem with recent editions of the Underworld / Ipnosys firmware.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Lars.