kworld dvb-s100 Remote Control

frazor

Hey, I just Installed and purchased DVBViewer this morning and It works awesome but I cant get my remote to work and remote is very crutical part of a htpc. So im just wandering if anyoneone else has had luck with this or is aware of any plugins for the remote. btw the infared reciever is actually plugged into the tv card it self.

Hey, I just Installed and purchased DVBViewer this morning and It works awesome but I cant get my remote to work and remote is very crutical part of a htpc. So im just wandering if anyoneone else has had luck with this or is aware of any plugins for the remote. btw the infared reciever is actually plugged into the tv card it self.

No plugins for this remote. This is something you should discuss with KWorld. If the right amout of users wants DVBViewer remote support KWorld could make that plugin. Several other DVB-card makers has provided this for thier customers earlier, so why not KWorld. If you cant wait and want a remote right now there is solutions for you...for example Soundgraph.

Edited by majstang

Okay thankyou Ive e-mailed KWorld about the issue, if anyone else is reading this and is in the same problem as me can you also email to support@KWorldcomputer.com requesting for them to create a plugin the more people that email them the higher the chance they will create plugins for DVBViewer. If i get a positive reply from them ill post some information here.

use girder( google for kword plugin for girder).

Or Ir Server Suite.

use girder( google for kword plugin for girder).

Or Ir Server Suite.

Cheers, Ive googled loads for a plugin for grider or IR server suite but have had no luck

I got a reply from kworld:

Thanks for the coming letter.

In our past customer using experience of the about the others 3rd party software supports the satellite products, the 3rd party software must support the function key design in the application for programming in the remote control program.

We have the remote control program for the DVB-Dream is as below:

ftp://ftp.kworld.com.tw/kworld/remote/DVB....0.4.080912.zip

ftp://ftp.kworld.com.tw/kworld/remote/DVB-S/DVB-Dream/DVB Dream Remote Function List.xls

But we have no idea to do the remote function for the DVB-Dream program, please contact the 3rd party software tech support contact windows.

I believe kworld is a chinese company so alot of the letter is hard to understand "But we have no idea to do the remote function for the DVB-Dream program" I think thats surpost to say DVBViewer.

Ive done quite alot of programming in java and python so im just wandering how difficult and long would it take to code a plugin for DVBViewer to get the remote functioning, and if possible is there any source code avalible from other remote plugins so that I can study it.

• 3 weeks later...

I used KWorld remote for some time, that came along with KWorld ATSC-115. I could not map all buttons, but able to use basic functions. Open a notepad and start pressing buttons on the remote. It works like a keyboard. Using that info, I mapped keys to DVBViewer functions in Options-Input-Learn. Hope this may help.

Sorry for the above post. I am unable to edit the same and hence added another reply. I don't know what I was thinking. The method I mentioned above works for the remote I got with Skystar card, NOT Kworld.