Noise coming out of Skystar HD2

I planned to replace my skystar 2 with a new skystar HD2 and look what happend. the new card makes a strange annoying noise right when I change to every DVB-S2 channel. I'm really confused and can't really figure out whether it's a normal behavior of the hardware or my card is a fake?

can one of the owners confirm anything, please?

it's very bad headache right now and I'm so close to throwing it out of the window!

it's was just yesterday when I realized I had found a good PC DVB card vendor to that I would remain a constant customer over years and centuries! :angry: what a shame this cruel world ruin your dreams in just a blink of eye.

btw, DVBViewer detects it as a HID device not a regular BDA or NIC adapter (Exactly "TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver

") and I need to check "Is DVB-S2" manually; is that a problem? what's the meaning of Mantis?

Edited by NedZha

There's no noise whatsoever coming from my SSHD2. Totally quiet piece of HW. I should consider myself lucky perhaps :-)

btw, DVBViewer detects it as a HID device not a regular BDA or NIC adapter (Exactly "TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver

That's normal (same here). DVBViewer actually detects and access the card as BDA device. Mantis is driver name by Twinhan, where SSHD2 is basically Twinhan product marketed under different name by Technisat and runs with customized Twinhan Mantis driver. The HID device you're refering to would probably be Infrared/Radio remote control.

• 3 years later...

I also have skystar hd2, and strange pitch noise at hd channels, but only at V polarity, at H no strange noise on hd channels. I try my card in next pc, different motherboard, and there is also noise but no so high. So my guess is that have to do something with tuner.

A bit of off topic to all of you with this card: Can you see the signal quality with the TransEdit TS Analyzer and the HD2? I always get 0% with the HD2 but with a DVB-T usb dongle works fine.