Using Stream Patcher with Rec Service

I have what is known as the "lazy CAM" issue and the result of that is I often get errors in the recorded .ts file. Sometimes missing sound, sometimes missing video, timeindex errors and so on. Before Grigas playback workaround these recordings wasnt playable with DVBViewer, but they played fine with MPC-HC and such. To avoid getting these errors in the first place i did use the Stream Patcher which patched the stream before it was recorded and this worked really well and EVERY recording was playable with DVBViewer and no hassle with Video/Audio. I then started to use Recording Service. I was no longer abled to use the Stream Patcher according to this statement taken from the Wiki:

"DVBViewer Plugins are NOT fully supported. Plugins like the netstreaming plugin, which use the DVB-stream can be used.

Plugins like EPG Plus or other plugins wanting to write/change data or try to show windows do not work."

Trying to insert the stream patcher in plugins1 and get things working fails accordingly.

I did thought i would do very well without the stream patcher because of Grigas playback workaround, but recently i had recordings that hade so severe recording errors within they were not playable at all, with no player out there what so ever. So a need to be abled to use the stream patcher again in some form rises. My question is:

Are there any plans to add support for these kind of plugins in near future?

Hello again!

This topic is very important to me and I would appreciate an answer very much. Im being yelled at every time we get an faulty recording and it seems the only way is to go back to DVBViewer PVR and scrap Recording Service which is a pitty, cuz I like RS a lot. So, will I be abled to use the Stream Patcher in future to come RS versions? Or is there a possibility to incorporate the Stream Patcher into the recording engine (or as a tweak) to get rid of this issue once and for all?

Maybe because they don't what streampatcher is/does? Here is its thread for reference.

Thanks dvbrewer for making it easier for folks to know what the wonderful thing called Stream Patcher does. However the people i was directed my question to does of course know what it is or does.

I did noticed you use the Stream Patcher mainly for aspect ratio issues. I used it for the recording errors (Scrambled Flag) before RS as said above.

I suppose you are in the same boat as me nowadays if using RS, not being abled to use the Stream Patcher?

Intresting thread you linked to. In it Lars says:

Well with the pro such a plugin would work also with background recordings. it uses the same mechanism as the Recording Service

Strange thing there is no support for the Stream Patcher in RS after that statement i think :mellow:

Edited by majstang

The streampatcher should work also. where did you put the patch ini file?

Nice to hear from you, Lars :)

Yes the exported ini files from channeleditor are renamed as .patch files. According to Grigas instructions i placed:

[Channel0]
TunerType=0
Frequency=442000
Polarity=3
Symbolrate=6875
FEC=-1
APID=4358
VPID=4102
PMTPID=262
PCRPID=4102
AC3=0
TelePID=7942
SID=1314
StreamID=36
NetworkID=40999
LNB-Selection=0
LNB=0
DiseqC=3
DiSEqCValue=0
Root=Scan 2009-05-29
Name=Kanal 5
Category=Com Hem
Encrypted=25
SatModulation=0
Group=0
Language=swe
EPGFlag=0
Volume=0
Audiochannel=0
OrbitalPos=4000

[Patch]
PatchType=ScrambledFlag 

and saved it as a *.patch file and placed it into DVBViewer Configuration folder. I have one *.patch file per channel. Placing StreamPatcher.dll into the DVBViewer/Plugins folder it works beautiful if using a stand alone DVBViewer. Since Recording Service do not use this Plugins folder. I did try to place StreamPatcher.dll into the DVBViewer/Plugins/Plugins1 folder which is the one RS is using according to the Wiki. Result: Client stops working all together. Background recordings fails with both of my tuners. If removing StreamPatcher.dll everything works as supposed to.

If the streampatcher should work with RS how do i set it up?

Edited by majstang

Just checked it. It works as it should. Plugin into [program folder]\plugins\plugins1 and the patchfile into into DVBViewer Configuration folder and the service stopped and started again.

Just checked it. It works as it should. Plugin into [program folder]\plugins\plugins1 and the patchfile into into DVBViewer Configuration folder and the service stopped and started again.

Yes, it works on non-encrypted channels, but not for encrypted ones in my case.

Edited by majstang