Conflict with Ati Catalist Control Center

morpheusdj

I just got a new Dell 1764 laptop, Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, Ati Radeon Mobility 5450 with 1GB RAM, 17 inch 1600x900 LED display and the other common components for a laptop.

I installed Win 7 Ultimate x64, drivers and everything, including DVBViewer PRO (latest stable version), for use with my Leadtek DTV 200H digital/analog tuner, mainly watching DVB-T broadcasts in Bucharest, Romania (of course the World Football Championship).

I use the Arcsoft video decoder for decoding H.264 and it does an awesome job, with hardware acceleration and EVR renderer.

Even from the first use, I noticed lots of freezes and constant random crashes (sometimes 5 minutes from starting DVBViewer, other times 10 or 15 minutes from starting the program). Then, things got allot worse, with almost constant freezes and crashes, that extended to the Winfast PVR application as well.

Strangely, when i switched video playback to fullscreen in almost any application, I got a 1-2 seconds freeze.

I figured out something was wrong on my end, so I started eliminating applications and running programs, untill I hit the jakcpot.

The culprit.....ATI Catalist Control Center.

I disabled it from starting up (doesn't seem that useful anyway) and presto, DVBViewer stopped freezing and crashing. As soon as I started ATI CCC from windows, the freezes and crashes were back.

So, this is more like a warning/solution for people out there experiencing the same problems, but maybe DVBViewer can be made compatible with ATI CCC in the future.

support.zip

I have the same freezing problems as you but disabling ATI control center did nothing for me. I get freezes only on satellite TV transponders with a data rate over 30 Mbps.