Avr. Datarate=0,054 MB/s or 0,000 MB/s

2 weeks ago i switched from DVBViewer to recordingservice, DVBViewer worked flawlessly for me for over 2,5 years. Now with the recordingservice i get a lot (like 20%) of failed recordings. They all have a very low datarate below some logfile examples:

Device: FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC (1)

8:50:01 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,0 MB) Start

8:50:01 Channel update tcVideo

8:50:01 Channel update -> recording split

8:50:01 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,1 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0,053 MB/s

--------------------------------------

Device: FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC (2)

11:20:01 / 0:00:00 (~ 0,0 MB) Start

11:25:00 / 0:04:58 (~ 10,8 MB) Stop

Average Data Rate: 0,036 MB/s

Total Size: 10,8 MB (11319668 Bytes)

--------------------------------------

I would have expected the recordingservice to restart the recording if the bitrate is this low as it's clearly not recording anything, but it just records and produces a empty ts file.

Anyone who can help ?

I have attached the support log.

support.zip

Edited by iwens

What is wrong with your system. Windows sends this message over and over and it is absolutly not normal.

BTW your setup shows, the DVBViewer has no Unicast devices. You can't use the hardware with the service and the viewer at the same time. See http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide

I believe the time changes come from the time time synchronize tool i use as the computer also feeds my squeezebox which shows the the time if it's in standby. Is this a problem ? this has worked with DVBViewer for 1,5 years. I didn't change a thing to my computer only installed recording service and i am using this instead of DVBViewer.

It's a standalone computer which only job is to record my family favorite shows.

Also i do not use the DVBViewer and the recording service together, i sometimes test the setup so i wil start DVBViewer to check. But for instance today i haven't run DVBViewer, i checked my recordings and again 3 from the 6 recordings have failed. All with the same error, and this is without DVBViewer running, or do i need to uninstall it ?

I wil disable the time tool to see if this will help.

Edited by iwens

I must say that I have similar issues with the recording service and have had for a while. Just once in a while I get a recording that has audio but no video. Are yours the same?

I must say that I have similar issues with the recording service and have had for a while. Just once in a while I get a recording that has audio but no video. Are yours the same?

Yes sometimes it only has audio, or only has the telektekst part, but also i have streams with nothing in it.