Channel Scan doesn't find some Thor 5&6 frequencies

manixdk

Using Pro V4.2.1.o and a Terratec S7

The channel scan doesn't find anything on the following frequencies ong 1E, Thor 5 & 6:

I managed to add 11785 H manualy.

I tried to add 10903H and 10934H manualy, but can't seem to get them to work, especially DR1 HD. I get the EPG, but that's it. I've tried FEC at 3/4, and 1/2.

These channels are found without problems by Terratec Home Cinema Pro. On the other hand, Home Cinema can't get Eurosport HD working with the language set to Danish (-:

Regards

Mark

Edited by manixdk
I tried to add 10903H and 10934H manualy, but can't seem to get them to work, especially DR1 HD. I get the EPG, but that's it. I've tried FEC at 3/4, and 1/2.

try with transedit and use the correct modulation parameters: dvbs2, 8psk, 25000, 3/4

try with transedit and use the correct modulation parameters: dvbs2, 8psk, 25000, 3/4

I used Transedit, imported an ini file made with Satbeams, all the parameters are correct, DBViewer just won't play them.

Works fine here:

7=10903,H,25000,34,14,|06.26: Telenor

10=10934,V,24500,78,1,|06.26: Telenor

That's exactly what's in my .ini file. I opened TransEdit, found the frequency, analyzed it, then tried a preview. No go. On 11785 H, the analyzer reports that the FEC is 3/4, but I only got the channels working by setting the FEC to 1/2! This is all very mysterious, as they all work fine in Terratec Home Cinema.

Anyway, I have them working now, but not without some workarounds, seemingly because of poblems DVBViewer has with the 22Mhz switching signal on HD programmes. I can switch between HD programmes on the high band without problems, but I can't switch from, for example, Eurosport HD to Canal+ Sport HD without first tuning into a SD low frequence channel. I doesn't seem to matter which one. Then I can open the low frequency HD channels. But I can switch from a low freq HD channel to a high freq on easily.

I have no problems with this with Terratec Home Cinema, it switches without problems between high freq HD channels and low freq ones and back.

On the other hand I also had to find workarounds doing a channel scan with Terratec Home Cinema. At the beginning it wouldn't scan the high band at all, and I finally had to force a change by disconnecting the sat cable from my S7, starting my reciever, tuning into a high frequency channel, the connecting the cable to the S7, and turning off the receiver. The it scanned the high frequency channels without problems.

I'm not changing my sat hardware, as it works fine with the 5 receivers I have.

Anyway, thanks for the input. Maybe my experience can be incorporated into a FAQ. But the watching experience is much better with DVBViewer, so I'll stick with it as my main viewer.

Mark

Edited by manixdk
I opened TransEdit, found the frequency, analyzed it, then tried a preview. No go. On 11785 H, the analyzer reports that the FEC is 3/4, but I only got the channels working by setting the FEC to 1/2! This is all very mysterious, as they all work fine in Terratec Home Cinema.

What on earth are you doing? Preview is not possible cos all programmes on this transponder are encrypted. How do you read the fec from the analyzer? Does it look like this?

What on earth are you doing? Preview is not possible cos all programmes on this transponder are encrypted. How do you read the fec from the analyzer? Does it look like this?

Right, they're encrypted, and I live in Denmark and have a CAM and a card. And the FEC show up on the left hand side of the picture you sent. And if you look at the left hand side "FEC inner =3 3/4. The transponer is reporting an incorrect FEC. 1/2 works for me.

Read the manuals and wiki. Transedit doesn't connect to a CAM. Concerning the FEC you're wrong. Doesn't matter, but certainly nothing to put in a faq ;)

Read the manuals and wiki. Transedit doesn't connect to a CAM. Concerning the FEC you're wrong. Doesn't matter, but certainly nothing to put in a faq ;)

No, you're right, I guess I misused the term "preview". But I the problems I have with DBView still remain. And the FEC reported by the transponder is incorrect, or for some reason, EDPN America HD on 1W only works in a Terratec s7 with Home Cinema or DVBViewser with a FEC of 1/2, not 3/4.

Anyway the bug report was about DVBViewer, not TransEdit (-: