Problem with watching HD channels

dcafri

Hi All,

I have problem watching HD channels with the DVBViewer.

It is too heavy for the computer since I assume that it doesn't use the GPU correctly.

Here are the details:

I have Acer Aspire revo 3610 with Intel Atom 330 & Nvidia IOn.

I'm using tt s-3600.

I managed to configure the DVBViewer just fine, and I can easily watch:

1. SD TV

2. SD movies (from my HDD).

3. HD movies, 1080p (from my HDD).

Though, I can't watch HD TV, 1080i. The picture is dead.

I'm using shark007 - ffdshow.

Two more important points:

1. When I watch HD movie (from my HDD), I see the parameters of the ffdshow and it looks identical to the parametes when I try watching HD TV.

2. When I watch the same HD channel with the original software I received with the tt s-3600 (tt media center) --> IT WORKS!!!

During the watching there, the ffdshow icon is not active?! maybe it is done in a different way?!

To conclude, my question is very simple:

How can I use the DVBViewer for watching HD TV with my existing HW (atom 330 & Nvidia IOn)?

I asume I'm not the first one who use this configuration...

Thanks!

Hi,

I forgot to mention - I do use Win7, 64 bit.

You say that I don't need the shark007 codecs?

Before I installed them, I couldn't watch HD/SD(divx) from my HDD (as far as I remember...).

I asume I do need some codec pack, not?!

Hi,

I forgot to mention - I do use Win7, 64 bit.

You say that I don't need the shark007 codecs?

Before I installed them, I couldn't watch HD/SD(divx) from my HDD (as far as I remember...).

I asume I do need some codec pack, not?!

I don't know if you need antother codec to play divx. I don't use divx, only .ts files

Thank you very much for you help.

It is woking!

What I acctually did is not uninstalling but disabling the ffdshow in the options.

I put it to use the default and now I'm able to watch HD channel.

It is just 1 HD channel that I can receive now with my current SAT configuration but I hope it will work for all of them.

(I'm saying that since I know that there are a few kind of HD channels broadcasting setups).

After I did this change, I have a problem watching HD from my HDD.

I have 2 movies (1 Full HD and 1 HD ready) and both of them don't play well using the DVBViewer.

The picture is not smooth and jumping all the time.

I tried switching to the second video configuration (where I still have the ffdshow setup) - in this configuration I managed to see

one movie pefect (HD ready) but the second one was still not 100% ok.

Both movies are 100% ok when I'm using media player classic on the same computer.

Do you know what should be changed in the setup?

After I did this change, I have a problem watching HD from my HDD.

I have 2 movies (1 Full HD and 1 HD ready) and both of them don't play well using the DVBViewer.

The picture is not smooth and jumping all the time.

I tried switching to the second video configuration (where I still have the ffdshow setup) - in this configuration I managed to see

one movie pefect (HD ready) but the second one was still not 100% ok.

Both movies are 100% ok when I'm using media player classic on the same computer.

Do you know what should be changed in the setup?

What type of files are the 2 movies?

By the way, there is no "HD Ready" movies. HD Movies are either 1080 or 720

Both files are mkv.

HD Ready --> 720

Full HD --> 1080

Acer Revo has a weak CPU, so it's no use using ffdshow for HD files or TV, you need a decoder that uses the GPU. First try using the Microsoft DTV decoder for MPEG2 and H.264 (Settings>Options>DirectX). Shark should have installed an mkv splitter. If the mkv file still doesn't play smoothly you may need to enable ffdshow DXVA or MPC-HC decoder in the Shark H264 configuration, then select as Video B decoder in DVBViewer- you can put .mkv in the Auto B conditions to make DVBViewer use whichever alternative decoder you prefer for mkv files.

Hi,

I've tried all the options you suggested, but no luck.

The picture is far from ok :-(

I'm aware of the week cpu (Atom 330) but that's exactly why they put the Nvidia IOn inside...

There must be a way to make it work in the DVBViewer.

I don't care even getting rid of the shark007/ffdshow if you say that it doesn't support the GPU.

Isn't there any other application (add on) which can solve this issue and use the GPU properly?

I'm sure I'm not the first one using this computer configuration with the DVBViewer... ;-)

I know that I can always watch the mkv movies using media player classic but... in this case I'm loosing all the idea of HTPC (with media center)... I would like to use only my tt remote controller...

Hi,

I've tried all the options you suggested, but no luck.

The picture is far from ok :-(

I'm aware of the week cpu (Atom 330) but that's exactly why they put the Nvidia IOn inside...

There must be a way to make it work in the DVBViewer.

I don't care even getting rid of the shark007/ffdshow if you say that it doesn't support the GPU.

Isn't there any other application (add on) which can solve this issue and use the GPU properly?

I'm sure I'm not the first one using this computer configuration with the DVBViewer... ;-)

I know that I can always watch the mkv movies using media player classic but... in this case I'm loosing all the idea of HTPC (with media center)... I would like to use only my tt remote controller...

Why is MKV so important. DVBViewer records in .TS and it works perfect

I'm not sure you really took what I said in. Unless you select a GPU compatible decoder in DVBViewer options, it won't use the GPU, it will use the CPU. Also, if you try to use ffdshow DXVA or MPC decoder for the default H.264 decoder, it will fail for HDTV as these decoders do not work with TV. You should also make sure you have not disabled the Microsoft decoder on the swap tab in Shark codecs.

Hi,

I understood that I need to choose the correct codec which will use the GPU rather than the CPU.

What I don't know is which codec will do that...

I also understood that the ffdshow decoding will not work with the TV.

I'm fine with that since the HD TV is already working with the "Video A" options, using "Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (TechnoTrend)".

I can put the ffdshow confguration as "Video B".

I attached the ffdshow configuration which I have in my computer (both 32 & 64 bit application).

post-97800-094030900 1278084259_thumb.jpg

I'm fine with that since the HD TV is already working with the "Video A" options, using "Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (TechnoTrend)".

That should be fine.

I can put the ffdshow configuration as "Video B".

I attached the ffdshow configuration which I have in my computer (both 32 & 64 bit application).

You'd be better off using MPC as your Video B H.264 decoder as it will use the GPU, standard ffdshow won't (ffdshow DXVA will but MPC is more developed than this currently).

Well, I thought that what I was doing the last time...

I don't have MPC-HC direcly in the VideoB pull-up options, so I selected ffdshow.

In the ffdshow I configured it to use the MPC-HC (as you can see in the jpg snapshot I attached before).

Is that what you were pointing me to do?

If so, It still no good for the mkv movie :-(

Well, I thought that what I was doing the last time...

I don't have MPC-HC direcly in the VideoB pull-up options, so I selected ffdshow.

In the ffdshow I configured it to use the MPC-HC (as you can see in the jpg snapshot I attached before).

Is that what you were pointing me to do?

If so, It still no good for the mkv movie :-(

You can't configure ffdshow to use MPC-HC, your screenshot shows Shark codec options. If your shark settings are still as shown you should be able to select MPC as your Video B H264 decoder.

Edited by dvbrewer

Well, finally I've managed to get "MPC-HC" in the VideoB pull-down menu.

I've restrated the computer and it had probably made the change.

but... I still can't watch the HD movies...

Now I get the error "cannot renderer mediafile/output pin..."

I was looking in some older posts and realized that it could come from the audio (rather from the video) decoding.

I was trying to "play" with the different AudioB options (I assume AudioB goes together when I switch to VideoB?!), but with no luck.

I also made some sanity checks (after the last restart..):

1. I can still watch SD & HD TV (using VideoA).

2. I can watch SD movies from my HDD using VideoA / VideoB (both works fine).

3. I can still watch both HD movies (720, 1080) with MPC on my computer (outside DVBViewer).

I realy appreciate your time & help.

Thanks!

Well, finally I've managed to get "MPC-HC" in the VideoB pull-down menu.

I've restarted the computer and it had probably made the change.

but... I still can't watch the HD movies...

Now I get the error "cannot renderer mediafile/output pin..."

Is this mkv movies you are trying? What do you have on the mkv tab on the shark codec configuration? Have you set ffdshow as your audio decoder for all B options?

Both HD movies are mkv.

In the AudioB options, I have ffdshow for MP2, MP3, AC3.

for AAC - I don't have ffdshow option to select so I tried all the others (Divx AAC/ MONOGRAM AAC/ Cyberlink).

as for the ffdshow configuration -

in the "Playback" I chose "Use Haali splitter (default)".

and nothing else is tagged.

Hi,

I've made it!!!

I updated the Divx in the computer, made a couple of restarts and...

finally I had a new option in AuidioB - "Divx AAC Decoder".

using this option works just fine :-)

Thank you very much, you really helped me here.

Now I'll try and go for my next challanges -

Using the Beta version (for unicode puposes) [removed]

Thanks again.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hi,

I've made it!!!

I updated the Divx in the computer, made a couple of restarts and...

finally I had a new option in AuidioB - "Divx AAC Decoder".

using this option works just fine :-)

You're not really meant to have DivX installed as well as Shark codecs as Shark installs its own version of DivX components so that may be where the problem lied.