Tuning Priority

NedZha

Hi everybody :-)

As "Tuning Priority" section of recording service options wiki reads:

"If several DVBViewer-Clients want to access the Streaming of the Recording Service, the client with the highest priority get control over channel switching, if there are not enough devices to fulfill all tuning requests.

If both clients have a priority of 0 the client which connected first does control the channel switching.

If both clients have the same priority and it is >0 both can switch channels and the other gets a forced redirect to the new channel. "

Assuming this, I changed priority values inside hardware.xml file. setting it for one PC to zero and the other one's to 1. since they now have different prioriy levels, the one with higher priority should get control over channel switching. instead, the one which connects first is the one who forces channel switching no matter it has a higher priority or not. conclusion is that I've not changed priorities att all & I think hardware.xml is not the file I've got to modify. any correction to this?

sorry if I'm spamming forum with my little questions; just doing my best.

thanks in advance

Edited by NedZha

now I understand why Lars has chosen that signature!

now works perfectly. 1-0 or 2-1 doesn't matter, both were good for me.

but, I noticed something strange, a bug I think.

if you close graph (put dvbv in slumbermode) in the higher priority player and try to change to some other channel after that, lower priority player, redirects you to it's current channel. you change channel again and you gain channel switching control again. from now on it's okay. it's just after a close graph action.

can you confirm this?

something else, I couldn't change to any other channel on the same transponder, as it was naturally possible before.

always the same channel of high priority player.