Can "Adjust PAT/PMT" option corrupt the TS file ?

lighttear

Hi all,

recently I began recording HD encrypted channels and I discovered that occasionally the .TS file prevents pushsorce.ax filter to be

started when one wants to play the file. In place of that one, the Haali or MPC splitters (currently installed in my PC) are started and the file is correctly reproduced inside DVBViewer 4.2.1.

This however has a major drawback: if one has an active recording and wants to see the program later on (while recording is still active)

since DVBViewer filter is not started (Haali splitter is started instead), the timeshift feature is not working, I mean the time lenght of the file to be played is fixed and is not incrementing while viewing (recording is still active).

Obviously I have the "Use Dvbv filter for TS/M2TS file" option thicked, the .TS is not corrupted ( I can check it through Videoredo 4 for example).

The strange thing is that if the .TS recorded file (which prevents the use of Dvbv filter) is demuxed and remuxed (i.e. through Videoredo 4 or Tsmuxer), then Dvbv filter is correctly started, thus proving the something is corrupted in the file header.

The question is: since "Adjust PAT/PMT" option is activated by default, can be this the origin of the bug ?

Yes, I can try disabling the option, but since the bug is randomly occuring, I am asking if someone has experienced the same bug.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

L.

No. Most likely a "lazy CAM" problem. Use the current beta, which can handle this kind of problem.

You are right: the latest beta starts DVBViewer filter correctly when playing the "corrupted" .TS file.

BTW: the CAM may be even worse than lazy if card needs an EMM update which takes several seconds !

Thanks for Your fast support

Regards

L.