MCE remote problems

Tyro

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good question. I have an MCE remote that the sensor connects to the back of my Hauppage HVR-2250. I've never been able to make DVBV "learn" any commands from it. It does work with other programs, just not DVBV.

I've DL'd & installed the MCE remote plugin, but no sucess. I didn't have my HTPC connected to the web when I installed DVBV (and still don't), I DL'd with another PC to a usb stick & installed from there. Someone told me once that I had to be connected to the net to get the installation option for the remote to work. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Is this how your remote is setup as well, or do you have a different sensor setup. Maybe someone a lot smarter than me can help us both.

Cheers

If the remote works okay (you can test it with Notepad, pressing 1 should give a 1 in Notepad), then go to Settings, Options, inputplugins. Enable MCE2005. Then choose Input. Here you have the different actions that can be performed by the input device. Choose the action you want to assign, and then press learn. Press the key on the remote, and voila, it should work. If it works there should be a MCE2005 entry just below the Keyboard entry