NO AUDIO ON CNN ON ANY PLATFORM

siddler

Hi,

Cannot receive audio on CNN (on any platform)? other channels received all channels I receive transmitted in the clear are ok?

siddler

DVBVIEWR PRO Ver 4.2.1.0

Skystar USB2 HD C1

Edited by siddler

CNN is in Mono - try changing the audio decoder that you use:

Settings -> Options -> DirectX -> Audio

My system used to play CNN as chipmunks - Changing the Audio decoder solved the problem.

CNN is in Mono - try changing the audio decoder that you use:

Settings -> Options -> DirectX -> Audio

My system used to play CNN as chipmunks - Changing the Audio decoder solved the problem.

Hi Thanks for the reply,what Audio decoder would you recommend?

siddler

Hi Thanks for the reply,what Audio decoder would you recommend?

siddler

Problem has now been resolved,I downloaded "Sharks updated codecs pak for my system "Win Vista Home Premium" insalled it and it resolved the CNN problem.

siddler

Please DONT install codec packs in general and if you do not know how Directshow is intended to work in special!!! I hate to say this, but 95% of every nagging email or phone call here is caused by the fact that people do not know how much problems they can produce by installing these kind of packages. The most problems are the loss of stability which everyone seems to search in the DVBViewer or the lacking ability of the author to produce a stable software :|

I can only suggest that you install only codecs which are necessary and not every codec available.

Christian

Please DONT install codec packs in general

In defence of the Shark codec pack, it doesn't actually install a lot of codecs at once like other packages do, it just allows you to switch easily between various codecs using its settings application.