Other media support in Recording Service

majstang

Since recording service is a webserver it would be nice to have the opportunity to stream other mediafiles besides .ts from where ever you are. Recording TAB already has two pages one with series and one with recordings...why not add one for music (mp3) and one for movies (.avi,.mkv)? VLC supports these formats anyway so why not make them visible/streamable form inside the webinterface?

Regards

Majstang

you could open the DVBViewer client and choose a media type in ther osd to "stream" it. I don't see why you would want to navigate throgh a webinterface choose a mp3, open the streaming diaolog, vlc pops up and streams one song. There are many better solutions for this. Either via a simple windows share, or via DVBViewer or xbmc and so on. The only reason for webinterface streaming in my opinion is streaming live-tv to the internet. Everything else is much easier done in DVBViewer itself or other applications.

The only reason for webinterface streaming in my opinion is streaming live-tv to the internet.

Oh, sorry! I now realize I wasnt clear enough on the internet part. Internet streaming was the whole idea with my suggestion.

If streaming inside your LAN you are completly right, there are a bunch of much smoother soultions for that...for internet not so many good solutions though.