Embedded streaming does not work

majstang

Hi!

Has anybody got embedded streaming to work ever? I cant get it to work even on the server. The HTML code seem to be wrong.

If trying to stream a recording embedded with WMP (if trying VLC the player dont even show up in IE window) on port 7522 the player never connects to the mediafile. In the WMP statusfield it does not say connecting to media as it should, but simply "Klar", despite autostart is enabled. Pressing on playbutton several times and you can see WMP trying to connect with media but fails every time and aborts.

Doesnt matter if changing ports (7522,3335,8075,80) in streamconfig window...it behaves the same. There must be something wrong with the HTML code (javascripts) when it trying to retrive the mediafile.

There is no problem for me to stream a mediafile embedded if using my own HTML code, so why doesnt your code work?

My own modified code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Streaming</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="global.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2" src="global.js"></script>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<body id="main">
<table width="100%" border="0">
 <tr>
   <td align="center">
   <OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="592" HEIGHT="490" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="F:\TV\Jims Värld\06-04_09-00-01_TV6_Jims värld.ts">
<PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
<PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="true">
<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="F:\TV\Jims Värld\06-04_09-00-01_TV6_Jims värld.ts" NAME="MediaPlayer"
WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED>
</OBJECT>
   </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<div align="center"><br/>
 VLC Server is now streaming media.<br/>
 WHEN DONE... click button to stop the VLC Server Stream. </div>

<br />
<form action="streamconfig2.html" method="get" name="FormName">
 <div class="center">
   <input name="stop" type="button" onClick="javascript:callurl('index.html?stream=stop');window.close()" value="Stop VLC stream server">
 </div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

confirm. Embedded streaming never worked for me either, nor opening the file in external WMP window. For me, only external VLC is the way to get it playing.

P.S. VLC version on the server is 0.8.6 of course, as recommended in the FAQ

never worked for me. But haven't tried much.

Reason for the inquiry was it would be nice to have a smoother way on operating streaming over internet, mainly when changing channels. Changing channel when LiveTV streaming over internet with external VLC is very akward today. Since the embedded IE window has a listbox for changing channels it would be fun to test if this works, but to no avail since there is no possibility on get this going. Devs seem not to be particular intrested on explaining how to get it to work or fix the code that is wrong either.

Maybe there is someone in here who have great knowledge in javascripting can get this going?