SCR unicable technology

vitttome

Good morning to everybody.

I am looking for a sat tv card which can support the SCR unicable protocol.

As far as I have seen only the Digital Device CineS2 can do it : somebody can confirm or indicate other brands?

Thanks in advance .

Victor

There are the following possibilities

1) Configure the Cine S2 driver for unicable (AFAIK the manufacturer provides a configuration tool). This is transparent for the application, which means, it will work with every DVB app. The app doesn't know (and doesn't have to know) that it is connected to a unicable router.

2) Use DVBViewer Pro Beta and configure it for unicable (see Options -> Hardware). This works with

- Cine S2 (tested by the driver developer), provided the driver is not configured for unicable. Don't configure the driver and DVBViewer for unicable! It will create confusion.

- Satix S2 Dual (tested by the driver developer). The Satix S2 Dual is a Cine S2, but the driver doesn't provide unicable configuration, so it must be handled by the application.

- TechnoTrend S2 3200 (as reported by some users)

- TechniSat SkyStar2 or SkyStar S2 (tested by TechniSat, confirmed by users, but probably only with TechniSat unicable routers, which are more tolerant than others). Please note: It will not work with TechniSat SkyStar HD2!

Dear Griga,

thank you very much for your interesting and important infos.

I did't understand well if the technotrend S2-3200 (which would be for me the best choice) works for sure with SCR : can you confirm or tell me where to address to have confirmation ?

Thanks again.

Thanks again Griga : I think I will proceed with the Cine S2 because, after having read all infos, it seems to me easier to configure for SCR and more stable...

Victor