Recording service

KevinH

I've installed DVBViewer Pro and the Recording service on my HTPC, and it all works really well.

I'd like to access the Recording service on the HTPC from my laptop, both at home and when travelling, but I can't access the page.

On my HTPC the Recording service is accessed via the loopback ip address 127.0.0.1 on port 8080. On my LAN the HTPC uses a fixed ip address, so I would be expect to access the Recording service from my laptop via http://<ip address>:8080, but this doesn't work. I've turned off both firewalls, and checked to make sure my router isn't blocking any connections, but it still doesn't work. All I get is Firefox could not connect to <ip address>:8080

I've read through the manuals and Wikis, and don't think I've missed anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions - have I missed something obvious?

Thanks,

Kevin

You need to forward the ouside IP address to your inside address in your router. Normaly its called portforwarding in the router

So from outside you use the IP your internetprovider gave you, and this is is forwarded to your inside

Example:

http://90.100.100.1:8080 is forwardet to 192.168.44:8080 (IP on the Recording Service)

Thanks for your replies.

Setting up port forwarding for internet access is the next step. Right now I just want to get it working over my local area network.

I've just printed out the manual and Wikis and been through the whole configuration again, but I still can't access the Recording Service via my lan. I've changed the Webserver port to 8060 to see if that makes a difference, but it still doesn't work.

There are no entries in the svcdebug file when I try to connect from my laptop, so it seems to be a network issue, but I can't think what as both firewalls are off, and I've configured the router to allow ALL inbound services for both my HTPS and laptop, and All inbound services are allowed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

Just got it working!!

The Wiki for Web/UPnP showed a Webserver interface option of automatic to be used - this is DVB Service V2.0.0.0

I could only download V1.6.0.6 which does not have the automatic option, so I entered the IP address of my HTPC. Leaving this field blank solved the problem. I guess no value for the IP address means the server listens on all interfaces.