Netstream not working

Kricke87

Hi im kind of a n00b on DVBViewer and all that, I want to stream to VLC with Netstream if thats possible, but I have no clue what to do, I try to follow the few guidelines there is on www.DVBViewer.com but it wont start, and been reading many tips but nothing works. So I would just like someone to explane how I can get Netstream to work with streaming tv or a media file to a cpu with VLC on my LAN.

Please respond cause im tired of trying and failing...

don't use the netstream plugin. use the recording service instead. The service can do streaming, recording and much more. there is a detailed installation guide in the wiki.

don't use the netstream plugin. use the recording service instead. The service can do streaming, recording and much more. there is a detailed installation guide in the wiki.

Yeah sure, but how can I test it with like a mediafile? because Im thinking of buying a tvcard but I have to know that everything works before I do it, so I would just like to know that it works, so how do I stream a for example .avi file with recording service to another cpu in my LAN? I havnt found that to be working but only with any kind of tvcard or likewise...