Left click tray icon...why?

majstang

Latest RS beta...BIG APPLAUSE! Really nice changes :thumbsup:

Add: System tray Program: Now also reacts to left mouse clicks...not so nice. Very annoying in fact. Always used left doubleclick to quickly open webinterface...now when doing that the trayicon menu stays open even when webinterface has started :thumbsdown:

Because I always tried to use left click on the icon. Since I never close the browser tab of the recording service I never used the double click...

I actually like the change, but well if you insist I'll change it back...

I think, you don't really have to use it ever again, after the inital setup. The Webinterface is a Favorite in Firefox. Or make a Desktop icon for it.

Really nice changes

BTW (a little off topic) I really came to love the myseries plugin, while I was developing the video library stuff. I was even able to sort my recordings of the shows into the right serie/season manually. Not all af them, cause it's a bitch having to watch part of the recording to find the episodename, but that's no fault of the plugin, more of the slopy EPG by the channels... But I noticed some room of improvement in the series manager especially in using the folder name (which is most of the time one level above of the actual folder) and I never was able to use the automatic stuff, cause it crashed and the program simply closed. But nevertheless, I used it really successfully. :)

The myMovies data collector... Well somehow I seem to be to stupid to use it correctly. It only worked on a few movies, which were put each in single folders. Maybe someone is able to point out the finer details in using it... :)

I also extensively use the double-left-click to open the interface.

I suppose you could always make an option so the user can choose how he wants it to work, so both possibilities are available.

I also extensively use the double-left-click to open the interface.

I suppose you could always make an option so the user can choose how he wants it to work, so both possibilities are available.

Because I always tried to use left click on the icon. Since I never close the browser tab of the recording service I never used the double click...

I actually like the change, but well if you insist I'll change it back...

No, I do not insist anything! This add could actually work pretty well if either as JoeH says a tweak with both possibilities are availiable or having a "every other" script applied to the leftclick function. Meaning one leftclick on trayicon brings menu up, next leftclick closes it down. Then left doubleclick gets the inteface started and menu is closed. Maybe such solution could be slick, but probably quite akward to accomplish.

:bye:

Edited by majstang