Streaming locally to WMP

entrecour

I have been trying today to stream live TV to WMP 11 with the latest beta of RS. I have tried initiating a stream via the RS web interface timeline screen using Embedded and Direct options. In both cases there is a reference to VLC when I start the stream even though I selected WMP as the player - do I need to install VLC also?

I have tried various mux and transcoding settings but can't get it working.

Has anyone got this running with WMP or is this a case of user error?

Almost forgot! ;)

Edited by entrecour

please redownload the suport tool, you are using a very old version, which does not know the recording service files...

BTW try enabling the UPnP server in the recoring service, that's what I use to stream to WMP. But don't get your hopes up WMP just sucks...

Hi,

Sorry about that, here is the new support.zip

I already have uPNP enabled. I was playing around with that for the first time earlier today and DVBViewer Mediaserver shows up clearly in WMP, I can view recorded (.mpeg) material but .ts recordings or live tv won't play, I guess because WMP doesn't have a compatible decoder.

I am interested in WMP partly because I have an Onkyo AVR which supports streamed audio shared from WMP. However it also supports DLNA Version 1.5 so that may be preferable alternative providing I can find a compatible software route.

From what I gather streaming from RS to DVBViewer is the better route for video anyway.