Import pre-scanned channel list ?

leecovuk

Hello,

I am finding, not just in DVBViewer, that no two channel scans result in the same channels. Some are always found or lost.

So, is there a way or tool to import a pre scanned channel list? I don't mean just a list of transponders, but an actual channel list.

The point being, it would hopefully include everything available without me having to do a scan.

Is there a tool or program that can offer and import such data, either for DVBViewer or other DVB viewers?

Many thanks,

Lee

UK

You can import channel list from Channel>Channellist. At the bottom left click on Channel Editor. You can press Ctrl+I to import or you can click the button at the bottom left.

Hello regor245,

Yes, but where can I obtain channel lists? Is there a tool or program that can accurately create them? Maybe using a site such as lyngsat or kingofsat?

Lee

Hello regor245,

Yes, but where can I obtain channel lists? Is there a tool or program that can accurately create them? Maybe using a site such as lyngsat or kingofsat?

Maybe following link is interesting for you:

Fastsatfinder

Hello MaxB,

Yes, but I'm wanting to avoid doing any scanning at all. Maybe simply nobody produces pre-scanned channel lists?

My problem may be due to scanning with 'NIT'. My only option is probably to load an up to date transponder list then scan without NIT. Then try and see if anything is missing, and do some manual transponder scans if necessary.

By the way, is Transedit meant to be a better method than what is internal to DVBViewer? If so, why isn't it just made the default scanner?

Thanks,

Lee

UK

Hi lee,

we do not know, where you live, if you receive sat or cable...

I'm using transedit for updating my channellists (DVB-S[2], DVB-C & DVB-T) and I'm very happy with this tool.

Hello MaxB,

I'm in the UK. I have a 4 LNB fixed set up for the satellites Astra 19.2 East, Astra 28.2 East, Hotbird 13.0 East and Hispasat 30.0 West. (Europe beam of course on Hispasat)

If you or somebody else is willing to offer a current scanned channel list for those satellites, it might be very helpful. Of course, you need to be confident that your lists have everything available so I can make a meaningful comparison with my scan results.

By the way, I'm aware that some confusion may be caused if a channel gets wrongly categorised as radio rather than TV, or data etc. However I am not filtering the channel list, so everything should presumably be there, in one form or another. I have yet to reach any firm conclusions on what is or isn't showing after a scan, so all of my observations on this are still in their early stages.

Thanks again,

Lee

Hello,

I've conducted a thorough scan with transedit on said 4 satellite positions that you can receive (diseqc and groups may need adjustment). Of course I can't possibly guarantee completeness. For that you have to check with the satellite operators ;)

The important thing is, that you get a result from every receivable transponder. The total number of channels may vary (e.g. shared channels, VoD) during the day.

I've included data transponders as well and also transponders without useful information or without SI tables. These are charaterized by [N] in the corresponding transponder.ini (read also the transedit manual).

There might be a possible difference between the assigned names and other tools or receivers. Transedit will only read the programme names from the SDT if the transport_stream_id found in the PAT matches with the TID of the actual SDT. If they are different you'll find only the service numbers but no names.