Several problems (or maybe just one?)

DisTreSs

Hi,

been running into some issues with the recording service, but I'm sure it'll probably just be something I overlooked ;)

I had a setup with single tuner working like a charm with RS 1.6.0.6 but have now added a second tuner.

I have a KNC One DVB-S2 card (updated drivers just yesterday to the latest version) and a Skystar HD2 (1.3 driverset) that are correctly identified by the recording service, but unfortunately the recording service does not seem to distribute them to my 2 clients the way it should. I then upgraded tot the latest bèta (1.6.2.1) available at that time but it did not change anything with regards to this issue I'm having.

What happens is that I open up a DVBViewer client on the server pc and select a FTA channel, then open up a DVBViewer client on a second pc and try to select a different FTA channel -> this results in the channel from the first DVBViewer instance being reselected. Unless it's on the same transponder, I am not able to tune to any other channel which would indicate to me that only one tuner is being used despite the fact that 2 tuners have been configured in the recording service.

What I noticed next while trying to troubleshoot was that when I went to the webinterface, the only device listed there was the KNCone card.

This made me experiment further and I found that changes made in the recording service configuration itself with regards to the webserver were not reflected by the web-if...

For instance:

- changing the port of the webserver to something else than port 8089 in the recording service configuration, the web-if would still only open when using port 8089. Additionally the "test connection" in the DVBViewer client Recording Service Settings only returned the beta version nr of the recording service when the port was set to 8089 even thought the Recording service configuration was set to another port.

- changing the user/password in the recording service configuration, the original user/password was still used in the web-if. The user/password could only be effectively changed when changing it through the web-if.

To me, at this point, it looks as though the web-if is more in control of the Recording service than the Recording service configuration itself which doesn't appear logical to me. Is there something I missed about handing over control of these settings to the web-if or not?

Other, possibly related, behaviour I've noticed is that I don't get the same channel lists in my other clients as defined in the DVBViewer on the serverside of things despite the fact that this option is enabled and that the "test connection" returns the correct beta-version.

Lastly XBMC does not pick up the DVBViewer UPnp service when I go to add a video source in the video section. It only detects my Windows 7 UPnp capabilities. I realise that XBMC support is not always there with regards to changing channels, but normally it should always be able to detect the Recording service Upnp stream afaik. I would give the buildnr of the XBMC build I used, but I'm posting this while @work so I don't have it here :) It was just the regular download link used on the main XBMC site, not one of the nightly builds or something.

So, in closing, I have followed the install procedure from the wiki to the letter and thought that everything was fine, but now that I added in a second tuner I seem to be discovering one issue after another.

So please, if possible, show me where I went wrong 'cause I'm not seeing it at the moment ;)

Thx a lot in advance!

support.zip