dvbv_tvg.exe and the latest recording service

hamish_

Hi,

Since I updated to Recording Service 1.6.2.0, dvbv_tvg.exe no longer seems to be able to contact the recording service. I've been using it for 18 months to schedule recording from 3rd party software. Now, whenever it runs, I get a dialog box and/or OSD message in DVBViewer saying "Problem reaching recording service". I don't think the interface between dvbv_tvg and the recording service is published, so I can't take the troubleshooting any further.

Can you confirm this is a bug or dvbv_tvg needs to be updated? Or is there some configuration I can change?

Thanks

support.zip

If you mean the configuration window of the service then yes, that works as expected. The web interface also functions as normal and I am able to schedule recordings there manually when dvb_tvg fails. I can also watch live TV in the main DVBViewer app through the service. The dvb_tvg problem is the only symptom I have noticed.

Ah, thank you. I did change my password recently because I wanted out access it remotely and wanted to use something more secure. I don't think I've ever noticed the recording service page in the DVBv options. I'm pretty sure it post-dates dvb_tvg, so I guess it wasn't always important.

Since the route of the data from dvb_tvg though DVBViewer (or just using it's settings?) into the recording service is so opaque, could I suggest a little work on the error handling? Some mention of passwords or credentials in the message probably would have been enough to stop me bothering you.

Thanks again.