dvbviewer and h264 codecs

golvellius

Hi ..

I am trying to get the perfect codec to my HTPC . I am using your supperb DVBViewer V4.3.1.177 (beta) . Also i am making some tests with ffdshow ( rev 3516 date 25/07/2010) and divx pro codec 6.9.2 trial)

I have making some test to get perfect HD decoding with my HTPC , i have attached my support file if you want to see my PC config .

The problem that i have :

With ffdshow dxva decoder but with vc1 and h.264 disabled i get good video , and % of processor is about 20% . With TDT HD channels with less mbits data i get some smalls stops in the video , sat channels in HD and TDT with 12 mbits it is ok . The video it is not deinterlaced but quality it's ok .

With ffdshow dxva decoder with vc1 and h.264 enabled , i get green screen , audio ok , but screen it is off ( green color).

With divx pro codec , i get perfect with TDT HD channels , % proc speed 5-15% . With some sat-hd channels i get a lot of artifacts in the screen .

What codec are you normally using with hardware accelerated option ? Remember that i have got ATI HD .

Waiting for your comments ..

Thanks a lot ..

support.zip

the PowerDVD Cyberlink decoders work well for many people here. You can egt them via the powerdvd trial version and then register them manually with radlight filter manager!

Hi, i use the Cyberlink Power Cinema decoders. They work werry well with my (ATI) system.

The package is comming with a lot of codecs,i use TV enhancee for SDTV, and Cyberlink H.264/AVC (PCM45) for HDTV.

The DxVA option is accessible under the View--Filters- cyberlink menu in the DVBViewer. ( you have to activate DxVA 2 times- first for SDTV and second for HDTV )

I never got any problem with this codecs but if you have- just tell :-)

Greets

Edited by haupauge
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

So, if I understand this corectly. Power Cinema comes with great codecs, and I can use these to get better picture in DVBViewer?

I currently use the standard Windows 7 64bit "codecs", but the picture is not all that great,looks painted.

Have downloades Power Cineam, butcould you please make an short how too telling how to use the different codecs in DVBViewer?

Do Power Cinema need to be installed also, ordo you just use the codecs.

Thank you.

Hi.

So, if I understand this corectly. Power Cinema comes with great codecs, and I can use these to get better picture in DVBViewer?

I currently use the standard Windows 7 64bit "codecs", but the picture is not all that great,looks painted.

The Windows 7 codec is very good, are you using the DVBViewer BETA with custom EVR renderer- this is necessary for a better picture quality in Windows 7.

Edited by dvbrewer