Timeshifting on recorded program

Maurizion

Newbie question :

it is possible to watch from beginning a program wich is being recorded via a timer entry without enabling automatic timeshifting in options ?

example :

scheduled recorded : 20.30 -> 22.30

a start using DVBViewer at 21 and i want to see the program from the beginning : 20.30 . I know that enabling timeshifting i can do that but i don't want to have timeshifting constantly enabled just only for this reason ( hard disk noise ) . Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

Yes. Just open the current recording via OSD for example. You can start watching the recording this way, even if its not finished yet!

In this way i can start watching the recording not from the beginning but from live-point of recording.

Thanks for your support

both. you open the recording and can jump forward(up to the live-point) or backward. But you have to open the recoridng. Not just select the channel that is being recorded. Then you can only jump when timeshift is active and can only go back to the point when timeshift started

Edited by desweil

Just play the ongoing recording like any other file, e.g. by dragging and dropping it into the DVBViewer window, by selecting the DVBViewer -> Open Video... menu item, as you like. DVBViewer can handle "growing" files, and the recording will not be affected. It will continue in the background.

Unfortunately , both methods does not works. I can play the recorded file from the beginning but after the recorded stream reach the point in time of starting the playback the stream stops.

So it seems that i have to wait the end of the recording of the whole program before starting to watch it.

Very strange , is this a bug ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by maurizio.n

Than rename the Plugins folder to Plugins-no.

renaming plugins folders is working. But why ?

I have to use at least [removed] plugin.

Thanks

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules