Test connection FAILED

McenterFreak

When i click the button Test Connection in DVBViewer, it reports FAILED, but everything works fine. I can use the web interface from all my clients, without any problems. I have always used static IP on the server. Firewall is disabled on bothe the server and the client. I use this address: 192.168.1.44:81. It has always worked, but i think it is a bug in the latest Recording Service Beta 1.6.2.3, or maybee in the latest DVBViewer Beta 4.3.1.177

I have included two support.zip, one from the server, and one from the client

I have just been having problems with it myself. Service 1.5.0.31 worked fine but if I uninstalled that and installed the latest I could not get it to work. Until I noticed that the webserver box had been changed and on the latest it has DO NOT USE IP(s) rather than use them. So the value was blocking the IP and preventing it from being used. Leaving that blank solved it for me. Then the test succeeded.

It might of been like this for a long time but I haven't used the recording service very much. It's probably the same as many earlier betas.

I don't think you can specify the IP address in the latest recording service, it auto configures it and only the port can be altered.

I have just been having problems with it myself. Service 1.5.0.31 worked fine but if I uninstalled that and installed the latest I could not get it to work. Until I noticed that the webserver box had been changed and on the latest it has DO NOT USE IP(s) rather than use them. So the value was blocking the IP and preventing it from being used. Leaving that blank solved it for me. Then the test succeeded.

It might of been like this for a long time but I haven't used the recording service very much. It's probably the same as many earlier betas.

I don't think you can specify the IP address in the latest recording service, it auto configures it and only the port can be altered.

I think it has been this way always. I have never written an IP adresse in this box (Do NOT use IP(s) (seperate by ";")).

The IP adress of the server is the same as the PC IP address, where it is installed

Is the user name and password correct?

You got a point there!

It looks like the username, and password are cleared in DVBViewer, when installing the latest Beta

It works fine now. Thanks