Stream videos over network using RS

entrecour

I can stream live TV and recordings from RS to a remote client - is it also possible to stream videos (not recordings) from the RS server? If so how? I can't find anyway to initiate a stream via the OSD.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the clarifcation. Is this on your to-do list?

Do you know what other solutions for this are available now? VLC, anything else?

Do you know what other solutions for this are available now? VLC, anything else?

MPC-HC, VLC, WMP all works beautiful! Just bring up the explorer on client computer and connect a network-unit on your server containing the videofolder. Associate the videofiles to the player you wanna use on client and simply start them by doubleclicking and you have streaming working from server to client Old Style.

Thanks majstang - I'll try those out. I actually gave wmp and wmc a shot earlier today but they took ages to update the library so didn-t get around to playing anything yet.

Did some testing yesterday - able to view videos across LAN with DVBViewer, WMP, WMC, and MPC without any problems at all. Long wait for databases to be updated, etc but after that it's fine. Haven't notice any real difference so far vs. local.

Media Center Master and MyMovies work great together, also looks very nice on WMC.