DVBViewer and Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS

Strandfelt

Hi

Some months ago, I bought a Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD. It works quite well with Terratecs Home Cinema, but the program seamed to be a bit heavy for my computer, so I started looking for an alternative. This was when I bought DVBViewer. Unfortunately, I have never been really happy with this purchase. I always experience small annoying problems such as:

• I can't switch channels, the screen goes black, and I have to reset every time I change the channel
  • It is a very annoying job to add all channels using DVBViewers channel editor. Actually, it cant even find them at the moment
  • My channels suddenly stopped working. They were all black, while they still were working in Terratec Home Cinema

Some relevant PC specs: Windows 7 Professional, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia 8600M GT 256 MB DDR3.

So my question is:

Would anybody please help me making a correct setup of DVBViewer with Cinergy HTC USB XS HD?

Some tips and tricks?

I have this stick and have set it up without a problem, so there is hope!

The people in the know here need more than the specs that you have given, so you need to follow the instructions here to provide detailed specs.

There are a couple of quick things that you can try: On the hardware page in the options menu, select the device. I have attached my settings. Hope this is of use,

Cian.

post-65222-018392900 1283934429_thumb.jpg

this tuner is working ok with DVBViewer, but:

Every time the program start when i execute Fullscreen command( F key) the screen freeze, i must close and reopen DVBViewer.

Use Microsoft for both mpeg2 and HD with EVR CUSTOM MODE if ypu choose other codecs, freeze occured.

YOU can use other codecs in EVR MODE, but not in EVR CUSTOM( freeze...)

In EVR CUSTOM freeze occur with Sagetv codec, Cyberlink any version, Arcsoft, DivX, Mainconcept, ONLY MICROSOFT IS WORKING, like 95% of all time.

Sometimes DVBViewer is crashing when using Microsoft codec in EVR CUSTOM but very rare compare to other codecs....

Still DVBViewer guys must improve EVR CUSTOM and codec usage....

Some guys say that rec is broken in latest version, you click on rec, stopped it, but rec does not stopped, go to timer to delete the rec, now click on rec again but rec not started( this bug is from v150-v177)... no fix yet, and very quiet about it here.....

Use latest driver for tuner, directx, win update, chipset update, sound.

There are some guides here to read, for screnshots settings, etc.

Use Ac3 filter and not ffdshow for SOUND.

For epg guide use xmltv.exe if your ISP does not have all channels guide.

Sometimes DVBViewer still freeze, but that's it.

Use XXXX.ts for recording,

In OPTIONS- HARDWARE, choose your card, set Preferated for State, set 0 on RETUNE,

disable:

mode for low band...

stop stream

Use internal network xxxx

enable:

Has CI Module

Open whole ######

Direct tuning

On DIRECTX setting, enable USE CUSTOM RENDERS,

choose Microsoft for MPEG 2 and H.264

VC1 leave DEFAULT

Video render EVR CUSTOM

USE: http://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/Cinergy_HTC_USB_XS_HD/'>http://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/Cinergy_HTC_USB_XS_HD/ for tuner driver,

and this one for Terratec Home cinema: http://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/ and find Terratec Home Cinema folder.

This tuner is superb, is workin of with watchtvxx, progdv.., dvbdrxx, mediapxx, but from all of this DVBViewer KICK ---------------.

Edited by bogdan1980
  • 1 month later...

2 bugs from previous bug are somehow fixed:

Every time the program start when i execute Fullscreen command( F key) the screen freeze, i must close and reopen DVBViewer.

This bug is fixed is EXCLUVISE is set to OFF.

Some guys say that rec is broken in latest version, you click on rec, stopped it, but rec does not stopped, go to timer to delete the rec, now click on rec again but rec not started( this bug is from v150-v177)... no fix yet, and very quiet about it here.....

latest DVBViewer rec is ok, i could stopped rec, start it again, and is working all the time.

v.3x was with this problems.

Edited by bogdan1980