Option to change case of channel names

leecovuk

Personally, I prefer channel names to all be displayed in the same case, and preferably upper case. (capital letters)

Can such an option be added to Transedit and / or DVBViewer?

Thanks,

Lee

UK

PS If anybody knows a way to do this currently, maybe by exporting the channel list in a specific format and somehow using a text editor to semi-automaticallly change channel names, please share your knowledge.

:)

I found a way to do it using Open Office Writer. I don't think it screws up the channel list's fields or parameters.

Export the whole channel list as an .ini such as channels.ini

Load it into Writer. When prompted for 'ASCII Filter Options' I hit 'ok' to the offered defaults.

Go to 'Edit' 'Find & Replace' and then click on 'More Options'. Select 'Regular expressions'. The 'Search for' expression is:

^.*Name.*$

Hit 'Find All' and that will find and select every 'Name=' line in full.

Close the 'Find & Replace' menu.

Use 'Format' 'Change Case' and select 'Upper-case'.

Do a normal 'Find & Replace' to change all 'NAME=' back to 'Name=' (I don't know if this is necessary)

On then saving the channels.ini I was prompted / warned about formating. I chose 'Keep current format'. Exit Writer.

Clear the whole channel list in DVBViewer and import the channels.ini we just saved.

Seems to work ....

Lee

UK