Unicode support ?

Mirageknight

I really don't know if DVBViewer and the Recording services support unicode or not. But it will be great if DVBViewer support it especially the recording service.

The recording service is a very great streaming server for iDevices(ipad, ipod, iphone). I can watch TV program and video clips anytime and anytime if I can connect to my computer. However, I found that the web interface can't show any correct oriental language like Chinese, Japanese, Korean.

Another suggestion is about file format in the Movie/Video section. The recording services is using FFMPEG for transcode and FFMPEG nearly supports all type of source media files. So, it will be nice if it supports more source file type.

Please read the changelog of the recording service careful.

BTW: ffmpeg doesn't support UTF-16 or UTF-8 (Unicode) filenames, so don't expect them to work.

Another suggestion is about file format in the Movie/Video section. The recording services is using FFMPEG for transcode and FFMPEG nearly supports all type of source media files. So, it will be nice if it supports more source file type.

the selection is limited to UPnP compatible fileformats.