DVBViewer stops Recording service

Michael C

Dear support,

I got a dual tuner USB TV adapter. The software are DVBViewer 4.3.1.177 BETA and DVBViewer Recording Service 1.6.2.3 Beta. I have set up the Unicast Devices to access the recording service on the same machine. This is a great idea because I can consolidate all recording tasks to the recording service.

However, whenever I start the DVBViewer, the recording service will also be stopped. DVBViewer will then not be able to connect to it and will generate the "No Hardware Available" error. I have to manually start the service from the tray icon and Rebuild Graph once.

If a recording is carried out and I start the DVBViewer, it will prompt me "There is a recording running on the DVBVService, do you want to STOP it?". Of course I do not want to if I rely on the Unicast device. If I press "No" now, after the recording ends, the service will stop. So TV programme being watched will be stopped. I have to manually start the service again. Both of the above behaviors are very annoying.

Can you provide an option to disable stopping recording service upon the DVBViewer starts up?

(Actually I have prepared a support.zip. But the forum tells me the file was too big to upload.)

Thanks!

Michael