Cannot access web interface under Windows 7 with the latest Beta

Jackie78

Hi,

I have installed both the latest DVBViewer Beta and DVBViewer Recording Service 1.6.2.3 today. I have configured the Webservice to listen on port 8089 on my Windows 7 machine, but I cannot reach the webservice with any browser. I tried http://127.0.0.1:8089, http://localhost:8089, but my browsers keep telling me there is no page to display.

I also tried changing the port to 80 or some other values that I think should work, none of them does. Windows firewall was disabled for testing, but didn't improve the situation.

What am I doing wrong? support.zip included.

support.zip

I solved it by deleting all the (old) settings, uninstalling and reinstalling recording service. Now my problem is that the recording service always saves to the default video-folder instead of the one I configured :(

• 5 weeks later...

I am also having problems with access to the recording service web interface. For me, thought, most of the time it all works perfectly. I use the auto-search feature to build a list of recording timers, and the PC wakes up and hibernates correctly to make the recordings. But after it has been running for, say, a few days (and successfully gone through a few resume/hibernate cycles) I find that the recording service seems to hang and will not serve any web pages. I cannot stop the recording service (it is marked as "stopping" if I look in Task Manager but never actually stops) and I have to reboot. After a reboot, it works OK again - until it stops again after a few days!

I attach a copy of support.zip. I saw the problem last night; looking at svcdebug.log, it was working OK until the end of the recording at 16/10/10 19;55, then there is an entry "Createthumb WM_DATACOPY" and this is where it hung. The next entry in the log is after I rebooted. There is a similar pattern at 10/10/10 22:15:01.

What I cannot tell you because I have not thought to test it is whether DVBViewer itself can connect to the recording service once it is in this hung state. I shall try to do this next time it hangs.

I am using a Kworld PE355 PCI card dual tuner; Gigabyte X58 motherboard with i7 quad CPU; Win7 Ultimate with MCE disabled; nVidia GTX460 with driver version 258.96 and DirectX11. I note that the systeminfo file in the support.zip has a couple of errors in it - it thinks I am still using a Radeon graphics card and DirectX10. I have also installed CloseDVBV but this does not appear to make any difference to the problem.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seen this problem?

support.zip