DVBViewer shows EPG but no video then crashes

Robbo69

Help for a newbie please. Have just purchased and installed DVBViewer Pro in my Dell 3100 PC with integrated video (Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, driver version 6.14.10.4410) with TBS-8920 DVB-S2 card (driver version 1.0.5.4), after previously using ProgDVB without problems. Did a satellite scan from DVBViewer without problems. Go into Channellist and the channels are listed OK. When I click on a channel the EPG comes up with correct date and time with sound but no video and the program hangs and is unresponsive to any commands. When I close it by clicking 'X' in the window I get the "this program is not responding" box. I click "end program" and the program appears to close. However DVBViewer.exe is still listed when I look in Windows Task Manager.

support.zip

Help for a newbie please. Have just purchased and installed DVBViewer Pro in my Dell 3100 PC with integrated video (Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, driver version 6.14.10.4410) with TBS-8920 DVB-S2 card (driver version 1.0.5.4), after previously using ProgDVB without problems. Did a satellite scan from DVBViewer without problems. Go into Channellist and the channels are listed OK. When I click on a channel the EPG comes up with correct date and time with sound but no video and the program hangs and is unresponsive to any commands. When I close it by clicking 'X' in the window I get the "this program is not responding" box. I click "end program" and the program appears to close. However DVBViewer.exe is still listed when I look in Windows Task Manager.

i had similar problem the other day.

this is how i fixed it.

stop recording service

goto C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\config

delete all inside this folder

goto recording service again and start

open DVBViewer

(rediscover unicast device if needbe)

all should work this time

i had similar problem the other day.

this is how i fixed it.

stop recording service

goto C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\config

delete all inside this folder

goto recording service again and start

open DVBViewer

(rediscover unicast device if needbe)

all should work this time

Could you please clarify: could not find a service called "recording" and there is no folder called "programdata" on my computer

Could you please clarify: could not find a service called "recording" and there is no folder called "programdata" on my computer

if its fixed then no worries

was probably video renderer not activated

the solution i described was for a network failure when using unicast device

if you use the DVBViewer recording service and have your hardware setup using unicast device then the recording service is activated from the icon on taskbar at right side of screen.

programdata folder is hidden and must be activated using folder option "show hidden files,folders,drives" OR access from within ALLprograms at start menu /DVBViewer/configurationfolder/config

Edited by buttonsNI.

Thanks guys. Can't believe how much better this program is than ProgDVB. My PC is not all that powerful and with ProgDVB any HD channels were jerky whereas they are rock solid with DVBViewer. Colour rendering is much better too.