4.5 RC1 Crash when run at startup

nars

Hi,

I always had a shortcut on Startup folder at Start Menu to launch DVBViewer minimized at system start (and DVBViewer set to show icon on system tray), see attached image to see the shortcut properties. This always worked with previous versions (including every beta version) but since I did updated to 4.5 rc1 it started to crash when being run at startup while other programs are starting, etc... it doesn't happen if I use that shortcut manually after system is fully started, then I guess it must be some timing issue, something that it's not yet initialized on system when DVBViewer runs or something related to other programs being started at same time... but it did never happen with previous versions...

The error I get:

---------------------------

DVBViewer

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00000000. Lesen von Adresse 00000000.

OK

I guess this will be hard to debug... :(

If you need more infos just let me know.

support.zip

post-81307-082418200 1285435298_thumb.png

please add the "-debug" parameter after -c and try it again. then post a support.zip with the debug.log.

does this happen also if you use the -m paramter instead of the "Run: Minimized" setting?

Sorry for the delay, I'm very busy on the last days :(

I did added -debug parameter after -c as you asked, restarted and got same problem, see new support.zip attached now with debug info.

Will test -m parameter and older renders soon ans let you know, however note that I did already used this same render with the previous betas, in fact I didn't changed anything on settings when I updated to the 4.5 rc1...

support.zip

Just tested with -m parameter and "Normal window" setting for the shortcut and no problems at all apparently, tested with one reboot only yet, but will leave it this way and will let you know if I get any problem.

Do you still want I test other renders?

off-topic: Btw, if you could please add and option (or at least a "tweak" setting on config file) to disable the unconditional shutdown prevention (i.e. prevent only when recording) I would be very very glad with you... I'm referring to this:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/31281-DVBViewer-prevents-vista-shutdown/

majstang script works (thanks him) but... need to have one extra process running all the time and when doing restart... you see... no sense you don't add such an option and I guess it would be so easy to do it... please!

Thank you :)

Today I had a bit more free time and did some more tests you may find interesting... note that this is not important as -m works apparently perfect until now but thought I should let you know my findings anyway :)

I did changed the shortcut back to -c only and "run Minimized" option, and I did found that the problem doesn't happen only when running at startup as I thought before, then I guess it should be easier for you to reproduce it, if I run DVBViewer using such shortcut "manually" it will open on system tray as it should, apparently no problem, but... if I wait (doing nothing) exactly 30 seconds after DVBViewer splash screen disappears it will raise that error, and I can reproduce that always.

I did tried with non custom render and same exact problem... I guess it must be related to something in your code that runs exactly 30 seconds after DVBViewer startup that doesn't like the "run Minimized"... you should have some idea what it is...

Also note that after clicking Ok on that error message DVBViewer will freeze using 100% cpu for 1 core and I will need to kill the process.

off-topic: Btw, if you could please add and option (or at least a "tweak" setting on config file) to disable the unconditional shutdown prevention (i.e. prevent only when recording) I would be very very glad with you... I'm referring to this:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/31281-DVBViewer-prevents-vista-shutdown/

majstang script works (thanks him) but... need to have one extra process running all the time and when doing restart... you see... no sense you don't add such an option and I guess it would be so easy to do it... please!

I did develop that scriptidea quite a bit (as a complement for after recording tasks for Recording Service) and it would need only a few additional lines of code to adapt it to your needs. It also solves the restart issue from the old script. You can read more about it here:

Intercept Hibernation/Shutdown script for Windows XP

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/41387-another-intelligent-hibernationscript/page__view__findpost__p__307494