RS 1.6.5.1 installation trouble

majstang

I have problems with the new RS 1.6.5.1 installer. It seem only to be searching for DVBV 4.5 RC1 in C:/Program/DVBViewer path. DVBV 4.2.1 uses this folder. I have the RC installed on an another partition and get this message when trying to install new RS:

Please install the current Version of DVBViewer Pro first!

What to do?

As i said in the first post:

I have the RC installed on an another partition and get this message when trying to install new RS:

Please install the current Version of DVBViewer Pro first!

This istallation is valid and works as it should, im watching tv with it right now. Only thing is The RC is not installed on the C partition but E. The RS installer seem not to like this, why?

Oh, one more thing DVBV 4.2.1 and 4.5 RC1 shares the same configuration folder, cuz both are usermode 2.

Edited by majstang

Lars...how about making an installer where you are allowed to point to the folder where the DVBV 4.5 RC1 is installed? The present RS installer assumes the RC1 are intalled at C:\Program\DVBViewer...right?

Edited by majstang

Aha...now i know why things goes bad when the installer doesnt find the 4.5 RC1. I recently did a recovery on C to an old backup point before the RC1 was installed. My registry has no traces of the 4.5 RC1 and therefor does not know it is installed on E. Problem will be fixed if uninstalling and reinstall RC1. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...when i seem to suffer from a case of temporary Alzheimer light ;):blush:

P.S...after the recovery i had no more troubles with the disappearing optionswindow. I still dont know which software (bad code) caused the problem.

Edited by majstang