EPG Empty every morning

I suspect that one of the channel in HK broadcasting empty EPG data every morning till afternoon, so when RS is going to update the EPG data on scheduled time or execute timer recording, the EPG data of that channel will be erased.

Is it possible for RS not to overwrite the existing EPG data if received EPG data is empty?

post-99972-042603400 1286164591_thumb.jpg

Something seems to be wrong with your installation. The service.xml file is missing. Did you install it correctly?

It is strange, I could not find service.xml on the hard disk. It seems it was ever existing when I was using the previous version. Recently I have uninstall DVBViewer and Recording Service and reinstalled the latest version.

Actually all functions are working fine, I can streaming on LAN as well as to iPhone on 3G network. I also can record show without problem.

Is service.xml will be generated when installing Recording Service? Or DVBViewer main program?

it's generated by the service or by the service options program. my guess would be: you have access rights problems to the configuration folder and neither the service.xml nor the epg.dat can be written. This would also explain the lost EPG.

it's generated by the service or by the service options program. my guess would be: you have access rights problems to the configuration folder and neither the service.xml nor the epg.dat can be written. This would also explain the lost EPG.

The EPG problem is only happen on some channels, and the missing EPG will be updated several hours later, so may be it is not because of access rights problem...

I found that the service.xml was deleted due to an accident (seems I clicked svcoptions.exe remotely on my iPhone by accident). I have reconfig the Recording Service and attach the support file again.

Thanks!

support.zip

are you sure your system time is set correctly? does the file epg.dat exist in the [your configuration folder]\config\ folder?

Yes, system time and time zone of Windows is correct. But it is strange, I cannot use Automatic Time Zone setting on Recording Service, I need to set to manual and 480 (ie. +8) to get correct program schedule.

The epg.dat is existing in the \config folder. I ever tried to delete it, it will create again next time when I open configure option.

Edited by Paul
I need to set to manual and 480 (ie. +8) to get correct program schedule.

This sounds as if the locales settings of the system account the service is running in are not set correctly.

If you start the service, let it gather some EPG data (task -> start epg in the webinterface the stop it, gets the epg.dat file bigger?

This sounds as if the locales settings of the system account the service is running in are not set correctly.

If you start the service, let it gather some EPG data (task -> start epg in the webinterface the stop it, gets the epg.dat file bigger?

Yes, the epg.dat will get bigger, but only when I stop the service or click into Configure option, I think Recording Service will update the epg.dat on exit.

I prepared three epg.dat collected at different time for you to take a look.

epg.dat was collected on yesterday evening.

http://www.umpcfever.com/files/epg.dat

epg1.dat & epg2.dat were collected in this morning. You can see the file size are reduced. At that moment, the EPG data under TVB channels is almost empty.

http://www.umpcfever.com/files/epg1.dat

http://www.umpcfever.com/files/epg2.dat

epg3.dat was collected this afternoon. You can see the file size become bigger, and most of the EPG data is back,

http://www.umpcfever.com/files/epg3.dat

• 1 month later...

I solved my empty EPG problem by deleted epg.dat everytime before perform Start EPG Scan. I also disabled EPG update (NoEPG=1) by default and only enable it for a few minutes before Start EPG Scan.