How to terminate DVBviewer

hygrometrics

I am switching between DVBViewer and Mediaportal for different activities, because DVBViewer is excellent for TV + recording, and MediaPortal is best for listening to music, watching video and photos.

I am therefore looking for a way to suspend or to terminate DVBViewer while I am using the other program. However, the EXIT character (E) neither terminates the program, nor is there seemingly a control character to stop the program receiving TV and g resources.

I am issuing control characters through Girder and an IR remote? Can anyone help?

Also, is there a way to start the program in full screen mode?

By the way, I love the program!!!

greetings Manfred

You can use commandline parameters (DVBViewer full version only):

-c switches the DVBViewer to standby mode - no activities, CPU usage almost = 0. Scheduled recordings will be started, however.

Create a DVBViewer shortcut on your desktop with DVBViewer.exe -c in properties/ target. It will launch the DVBViewer in standby mode or switch it to standby mode, if it is already running.

-f launches the DVBViewer in full screen mode. This one doesn't work if the DVBViewer is already running.

Same (and a lot more) can be achieved by using Girder to send Windows messages to the DVBViewer instead of control characters. Seems to be a bit complicated, however - at least one forum member (Job48) finally made it. You will find the stuff by using the search function of the board.

Edited by Griga

Hello Griga,

Thanks for your reply. The command line function does exactly what I want. However, I do not know how to issue the equivalent of a command line in Girder. The OS execute command does not accept switches. By the way, I have the full version.

greetings Manfred

I had the same problem with girder.

Normally there should be a solution. But I couldn't find it.

So I made a batchfile which includes the switches and I start this batchfile with girder.

Not the perfect solution but works.

• 1 month later...

@Manfred

just in case the problem isn't solved yet:

you can mix commands and emulated keystrokes in Girder, as I used to do for certain reasons. So configure a key for "Exit" via DVBViewer-options (control > keyboard) like for example F12 , and then you can issue F12 via Girder which will terminate DVBViewer. I hope I understood your problem correctly.

Jochen