Hotkey for activating DVBViewer window

WeigeltRo

Use case: I often run DVBViewer as a small window, sound muted. As soon as I see something interesting happening, I switch to fullscreen mode and enable the sound, both of which can be done really quick using the keyboard -- if the main window of DVBViewer has the focus, which typically isn't the case in the scenario just described.

Request: It would be really cool if DVBViewer would register a system-wide hotkey for activating its main window (e.g. Win-T, "T" as a mnemonic for "TV"), either restoring it when it is minimized or just bringing it to front when it's already on the desktop.

if it does not get implemented you could also do it yourself with autoit3. its really simple. i could possibly do it for you as well, if you really can't do it yourself.

@Technofriend: Thanks for the offer, but I already have a quick'n dirty solution. As I already use Winkey for assigning global hotkeys (e.g. Alt-Q for starting IE), I wrote a small C# program to be started by Winkey. My tool gets the window handle of the DVBViewer process and brings the window to the front. Unfortunately this is a bit slow (startup time of the C# program), so I'd prefer the cleaner solution of a built-in hotkey.

Yeah that was the kind of 'dirty' solution I had in mind.

Also take a look here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...t=0entry28834

Girder also seems to be a solution for your problem.

The last freeware version was 3.2.9

You should find it somewhere in the www.

I have it here somewhere as well.

Don't hope too much for an implementation.

I made a lot of suggestions* here (or even bugreports), and only veryyy few have been taken over into the program...

(*e.g. implementing more than only 10 directchannel-keys or some bugs in the skin-engine)