Why does a timer name also include the description?

uglyned

When I add a timer event manually, either through the DVBViewer client or the recording service, just the name of the programme is added to the timer 'name' field.

However, if the recording service autotimer task adds it, the description of the programme is also added to the timer name.

Why?

It just makes a mess - the OSD timer page can't handle all the text and it just looks cluttered.

Also, as the 'record' icon has now disappeared from the miniEPG, I have manually added some timers by mistake, not knowing that they're already there by autotimer. Even though the two timer events start at the same time, end at the same time and are on the same channel with the same programme name, the DVBViewer recording service records both - presumably because the timer event name field is different - one contains the description too. If the timer event name field was the same for both, would they still record?

Why do you do this? Can it be changed? Even the column title in the recording service says 'name' - but the field does not contain the name. It contains the name and description.

Why not make it consistent? If the autotimer adds a description to the timer name, then is it a bug that the manual timer event does not?

I added some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

I've notice the same in my timer list, all the autotimer entries have the title and description in the programme link - it's as if the %name tagged is used rather than the %event tag