Tweaks - Changing Configuration folder loacation

majstang

Would be great if there was a possibility to change the configuration folder location to whatever one prefer. If using more then one OS and having the DVBViewer + RS combo it would be practical to use only one configuration folder. In that way recording timers and other setting changes are always updated no matter which OS one uses at the time. Preferable done with a tweak.

The only way to achieve this is a UserMode=0 configuration (see UserMode.ini). It lets DVBViewer use the installation directoy (where DVBViewer.exe is) as configuration folder. However, all users must have write access to this folder, which creates a security hole.

Thanks for your guidance, Griga!

Wonder if there is a way to install DVBViewer in usermode=0 and not manually change it from 2 to 0?

The path in usermode.ini stays the same even if changing to usermode=0...but the actual Configuration folder is the accurate one even if the path in usermode.ini says different. What role does the path play really?

No because have to know what you are doing.

In Vista and Windows 7 you should not install the DVBViewer in "Program Files" if you plan to use usermode=0.

Well, the security hole created by using usermode=0 wont be a problem, cuz this is a dedicated HTPC with only one useraccount and it will stay that way.

Ok, that answers question 1...how about this one:

The path in usermode.ini stays the same even if changing to usermode=0...but the actual Configuration folder is the accurate one even if the path in usermode.ini says different. What role does the path play really? The path seem to be hardcoded cuz if i change it I do not get the expected result.

if you change the root (only foldernames are allowed do not try to do e:\myfolder or something like this), you need either usermode 1 or 2 and the next time the DVBViewer starts the folder will be created.

if you change the root (only foldernames are allowed do not try to do e:\myfolder or something like this), you need either usermode 1 or 2 and the next time the DVBViewer starts the folder will be created.

Aha, that is why it was not working for me, cuz I tried to change the root entry with usermode=0.

Thanks for your excellent help, guys!