4.5 and Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV-C

terssi

Hello. I'm having trouble getting the new 4.5 version of DVBViewer to work with my Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV-C tuner. It can't find channels. Earlier version of DVBViewer worked fine. I have an older channels.dat file, which I copied to the "configuration folder". I am able to watch one channel, but only if I have shutted my computer down completely and restarted it. If I try to change channel, DVBViewer gets sluggish and after a while I get a black screen and a "No hardware available" text soon after.

I'm using the latest drivers for the tuner (5.7) and I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.

What I have tried so far, is reinstalling tuner drivers and DVBViewer. I don't have the older DVBViewer anymore, so can't confirm, whether it would still work, if I installed it.

I did uninstall the older DVBViewer before I installed the newer one.

Any suggestions?

Attached the support-file.

support.zip

Edited by terssi

I have the same setup, but on XP and Windows 7 32-bit and all works fine here. No problems to use older versions of channels.dat either.

Good to know that! Thanks for the reply.

Little update on my situation: I did a good old format C: and reinstalled windows. This time, I only installed the display driver, tuner driver and DVBViewer. Problem is still there.

I might pull out my old hard drive, which has Windows XP 32bit in it to see, if I can get it to work there. The tuner itself might be broken, who knows.

BTW. I do have a pay-card installed with the "chili-pepper" card reader (Technisat xxxx don't remember what it was).

It seems that the reason why DVBViewer 4.5.0.0 is not working is because of my NEC firewire PCI card. I've tried installing the card in another PC that has Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I get the same problem there. The other PC also has an integrated firewire port on the motherboard, which seems to work just fine.

I don't think the card itself is broken, because it works just fine in Windows XP 32bit. I've tried to change drivers in Windows 7 from Nec drivers --> 1394 OHCI compliant legacy driver. No effect.

Any thoughts why this Firewire card stopped working when I upgraded from DVB 4.2.1.0 to the latest?

BTW. Is there still an older version of DVB available, so I might verify that it works with it?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/ > Older Versions (old password)

Thanks, Tjod!

It is confirmed: everything works fine with the older version of DVBViewer. You guys might want to take a look at this, IF you start getting similar complaints from users that have firewire cards hooked up to their tuners. I will be using the older version from now on...

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the reason why DVBViewer 4.5.0.0 is not working is because of my NEC firewire PCI card. I've tried installing the card in another PC that has Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I get the same problem there. The other PC also has an integrated firewire port on the motherboard, which seems to work just fine.

I don't think the card itself is broken, because it works just fine in Windows XP 32bit. I've tried to change drivers in Windows 7 from Nec drivers --> 1394 OHCI compliant legacy driver. No effect.

Any thoughts why this Firewire card stopped working when I upgraded from DVB 4.2.1.0 to the latest?

BTW. Is there still an older version of DVB available, so I might verify that it works with it?

my nec firewire card worked with xp but not with 7,the nec card/drivers won't work with windows 7 its a know problem.I switched to onboard firewire and the problem was gone.its a win 7 problem not DVBViewer.

my nec firewire card worked with xp but not with 7,the nec card/drivers won't work with windows 7 its a know problem.I switched to onboard firewire and the problem was gone.its a win 7 problem not DVBViewer.

Yes, it seems to be a windows-related problem, but it's just interesting that something changed so much in DVBViewer 4.5.0.0 that it will not work with the NEC card. The older DVB works just fine, even in Windows 7.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is 4,6 so much better than 4.2? Since I also got a lot of problem when updating to 4.5 I went back to the old one when everything works good.

I also have a Firedtv-c.. but didnt change so much just installed over 4.2. Maybe thats part of the problem.

One thing thats happens (in the 4.2) when using the firedtv to HD channels is that it dont work when "open whole transponder" is marked.

So most often I like to have the latest update but will 4.6 work with my firedtv now. My family kills me if I have to spend to much time configuring again :(

Is 4,6 so much better than 4.2? Since I also got a lot of problem when updating to 4.5 I went back to the old one when everything works good.

I also have a Firedtv-c.. but didnt change so much just installed over 4.2. Maybe thats part of the problem.

One thing thats happens (in the 4.2) when using the firedtv to HD channels is that it dont work when "open whole transponder" is marked.

So most often I like to have the latest update but will 4.6 work with my firedtv now. My family kills me if I have to spend to much time configuring again :(

I would take a copy of the DVBViewer-folder, so you would have the older version nicely at hand, if the 4.6 version does not work for you.

• 2 weeks later...

:) of course I did that this time also..

By the way. For the firts time in five years everything works as it should.

Recordingservice runs nice and all the tv:s and computers in the homelan can watch at the sime time.. well thers only twp cards in both dvb-t and dvb-s2 but up to know it hasnt chrashed.

:) of course I did that this time also..

By the way. For the firts time in five years everything works as it should.

Recordingservice runs nice and all the tv:s and computers in the homelan can watch at the sime time.. well thers only twp cards in both dvb-t and dvb-s2 but up to know it hasnt chrashed.

Same here! I've been recording stuff for weeks and everything has worked nicely. And I do like the feature that if your dvb-server computer is in standby and I want to watch TV from another computer, it will wake up the server automatically. Just wish it would put it back to standby when I exit :biggrin: . But still, 4.6 is the best release so far! My thanks to the developers!