DVBViewer 4.5 - Wrong UI Font

pankov

A few days ago I upgraded to DVBViewer 4.5 and I'm very pleased with it but I noticed there is some inconsistency of UI fonts.

I see in the changelog that there is some work done on this

# Add: Vista/Windows 7: the font for the windows of the DVBViewer is set to the Vista/Windows7 default font.

so I guess it's a some kind of bug.

The problem is that I use Windows 7 but I've configured it NOT to use Segoe UI as the font for the UI, because it looks really ugly if you disable ClearType which is something I absolutely hate - I don't understand how Microsoft can think this is something that makes text easier to read ... but this is another story. So I've replaced it with Tahoma as you can see in the screenshot of the windows appearance configuration window ... and in the screenshot from DVBViewer 4.3. On the other side the screenshot from DVBViewer 4.5 is a little mess - the right part obeys my preferences and uses the fonts configured in Windows but the left side (the list of groups of options) uses another font and I presume it's Segoe UI, right? This wouldn't be a problem if it was only the Options window but sadly the majority of windows (EPG, Timer, Channel List) use this new, and frankly said, ugly font.

So my question is:

Shouldn't/can't DVBViewer UI obey the windows' configuration and not use a hardcoded font or at least make it an option with a default state the one you prefer?

The screenshots I'm talking about can be found here

http://img838.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=badfontdvbviewer45.png

P.S.

If you need I can make a support.zip file but I doubt it could help as I believe this is problem that is not specific to my system.

Edited by pankov

This problem will probably be handled in future versions. DVBViewer GE 3.0 (as a test case) already comes with a tool for configuring the DVBViewer GE font /font size individually (-> Resizer.exe). Try...