4.5 - starting DVBViewer - not focus

blomman

When starting DVBViewer either from remote control or doubleclick on icon, the DVBViewer application does not get focus,

resulting you need to click the DVBViewer window to gain focus, to get the remote control start working.

I'm running windows XP, same behaviour when starting in full screen or in window mode

Thanks

/Jonas

support.zip

Same problem here. I need to click on the window once to get the MCE remote working.

Using windows 7 32 bit and starting DVBViewer fullscreen.

I have had focus problems before, because of other software running on the machine, for instance the Air Mouse application (use iPhone as a touch pad). The iPhone Air Mouse App shows the currently focussed window when it's started. Strange thing is that DVBViewer is reported as the application having the focus, but still a click on the window is necessary to get the remote to work, either with the keyboard or with the Air Mouse App.

Edited by peterp

It's a known problem, and we are working on it.

When will be new version?

Or where can i found 4.5 RC2?

This is big problem, DVBViewer with this problem can't closing and hibernate the computer after the recording.

Edited by Cav

It's a known problem, and we are working on it.

Great!

I found out something else: If I try to switch focus to DVBViewer using the Air Mouse software, it offers me two windows to switch to, one by the name of "DVBViewer" and one with the name "DVBViewer". Apparantly DVBViewer creates two windows (or at least two window handles). When switching to either one of these windows, the MCE remote works.

regards,

Peter

Errors can slip in always, so you have to wait for an update or you have the 4.5RC2 install saved on your drive! Older beta versions aren't not supported and downloadable!

First, versions from other people will not work with your credentials, and secondly, whoever distributes DVBViewer without being authorized will be excluded from accessing the members area.

• 3 weeks later...

I find DVBViewer 4.5 does not get focus if either of the 'TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection' options are ticked (Audio/Video). If I untick both of these then DVBViewer gets focus every time it opens in full screen.

I find DVBViewer 4.5 does not get focus if either of the 'TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection' options are ticked (Audio/Video). If I untick both of these then DVBViewer gets focus every time it opens in full screen.

This is important information, I must test that.

Maybe 4.5 version will be usable.

• 5 weeks later...

I got tired of waiting for the hotfix, since this is a major negative WAF issue. I made a program which start DVBViewer and focus the main window. I have no problem sharing the program if the hotfix is a long time due.

My own solution for this issue is a bit "idiotic and simple". I am using Hauppauge remote and adding some random extra parameter to irremote.ini where DvbViewers startup command is.

My DVBViewer startup command in irremote.ini is:

NEWTV={run(DVBViewer.exe /null)}{sleep(4000)}{run(DVBViewer.exe -c1)}

What that does?

1. Starts up DVBViewer with "blank parameter" /null and result is blank screen but with focus

2. wait for 4 seconds (about the time my system starts up DVBViewer)

3. "Runs" DVBViewer again with parameter that tunes the program to channel number 1

It does not matter what that /null is as long as it is not a parameter known to DVBViewer (I suppose). I tried to use just "DVBViewer.exe -c1" and but the focus was lost. Not sure why that /NULL or anything else, like /BLABLA or /ABCDE gives focus but it does, only that the DVBViewer starts up with blank screen.

No more do I have to use mouse to focus, but the startup channel is always 1 :)