VLC command

horndrup

Is it somehow possible for RS to execute a command like this :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -Idummy --no-sub-autodetect --verbose=0 --dummy-quiet --no-stats --sout-transcode-threads=2 "http://192.168.2.10:7522/transcode/channelstream/22.ts" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=512,deinterlace,ab=96,fps=25,width=256,height=192,acodec=mp3,samplerate=44100}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http{mime=video/x-flv},mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=0.0.0.0:3335/mediaplayer/stream.flv}}

In this way I could stream to a flash player on my Android device. I have played a little around with the webinterface for Iphone and iphoneprf.ini but I can't get FFMpeg to do something similar and then stream through RS.

Can anyone help ?

no this is not possible. streaming to the iphone is, as I stated several times, a very special thing and can't be used for anything else.

I am going to work on android streaming sometime in the future, but to be honest, they will never come close to what is possible with the iphone, because they have the usual linux problem: A german saying "zuviele Köche verderben den brei" the closesed translation would probally be: "A camel is a horse designed by committee."

For the iphone/ipad/ipod touch it only needs one very well defined method to stream, for android it depends on the device and most of the ways don't even work well with the normal tools. I don't have the time nor the need to invest too much into it.

I will most likely make it work for an HTC wildfire cause that's what I got at hand but beyond that I am not motivated enough to put time and energy into. And I know the wildfire will only be a showcase to prove it works, cause I would never use it for viewing tv. The iphone/ipad/ipod is so much better for it (and no I'm normally not an apple fan). :)

But if it was possible to execute the command, RS could stream to a flash player. It would work on any Android device with Froyo 2.2 because of the flash 10.1 support.

I have added a flashplayer to Iphone webinterface, and when I execute the command manually from the computer it work in the flashplayer, but it would be nice if it could be done from the interface.

If I can suggest another approach to make the rework simpler (oh, at least I'm try to...), I whould vote for a sort of stream command "externalization", so to have a chance to personalize it in some way.

ATM I like by far to navigate with my palm (an HP 6515) in the RS iphone web interface, but if I want to watch some TV I have to do it from the base web pages, and - as you can imagine - that's not that simple with a 240x240 display...

I'va already tryied to trick myself the iphone's web pages to stream with VLC, but unsuccesfully ...

So my proposal is to give users the chance to write (or choose) themselves the command (and therefore the coder) RS will use to stream from within the iphone web pages; in that way we (the forum users) can experiment and perhaps publish the successfull command string/parameters for specific devices...

Keep up the good work!

:bye: