Dvbviewer crasch every 2 min - Please use keytool.exe..

Tobias Olsson

Hello

I just downloaded the new DVBViewer 4.5 and my old installation was overwritten.

The program starts just fine and i get picture and audio, but after 2 min it crashes with the following errormessage:

"User data error 1242. Please use keytool.exe to enter the correct data."

I have used keytool.exe and triplechecked my keys and i get the correct checksum, so i can't get why this is happening.

Any ideas? Please help.

• Like 1

Hello.

Sorry for my English.

Dvdviewer Uninstall, no need to delete user data.

Use ccleaner to clean registry.

Install dvdviewer in another folder, for example dvbviewer2.

I hope it works for you.

Goodbye

Greetings from Andalucia - Spain

I installed the new version and now is activated well. The software is running without problems UNTIL I pick on any of the top menus (Channels, Configuration...) then the program crashes with the 1242 error.

Running XP SP3. I disabled Nod32, Tiny Firewall and NetLimiter tool but the problem remains here.

Hello.

Sorry for my English.

Dvdviewer Uninstall, no need to delete user data.

Use ccleaner to clean registry.

Install dvdviewer in another folder, for example dvbviewer2.

I hope it works for you.

Goodbye

Greetings from Andalucia - Spain

I tried this. Clean install in a different directory and a register clean.

Still the program keeps exiting with Error 1242.

Any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to see a resolution soon. To be honest I'm a bit pissed off...

I received my new Keyfile, Login/Username, Password and Checksum. I installed 4.5.0.0, and the installation went just fine. BUT when running the program, DVBViewer Pro 4.5.0.0 is giving in a minute or two also me the same error. NOTHING helps (and I am an IT professional).

With previous versions of DVBViewer Pro I *never* had any problems so I am quite surprised. But I am NOT pissed off, because I just LOVE DVBViewer Pro and can continue using the previous version (4.2.1.0) that runs beautifully. Anyway, I really hope this stupid "User data error 1242" with version 4.5.x.x will be fixed soon.

Thank you for the great DVBViewer Pro! :-)

Be aware that many recent Antivirus softwares don't actually "turn off" completely even if you tell them to...Sometimes you have to uninstall the Antivirus, reboot, do whatever you have to do, reboot and reinstall it.

Edited by Pynkyz

Be aware that many recent Antivirus softwares don't actually "turn off" completely even if you tell them to...Sometimes you have to uninstall the Antivirus, reboot, do whatever you have to do, reboot and reinstall it.

Thanks. That is very true. BUT a software copy protection system should NOT be designed so that the user must uninstall other programs for him/her to install a new one. Or do any other unexpected "complicated" tricks. Simplicity rules. For us who really know computers that's not a big issue, but for people who just want to use DVBViewer to watch TV, the impelementation of DVBViewer's new copy protections system is way too complicated and should, if possible, quickly be changed for it to work much better! I remain looking forward to the next DVBViewer version that hopefully has this improvement included. :rolleyes: