Salute to the DVB Viewer developers !!!!

Rittberg

Hi,

Now when the Euro1080 starts to encrypt more and more there content mainly at the evening (the time when I can relax & watch after the working hours) and as a HiDef fan (even with there poor content) I was not able to wait for a CI solution to be developed for the SS2, So I have decided to act .......... >

I pass the border and purchased the WinTV-NOVA-Ci card(manufactured by TechnoTrend) + Irdeto module + the Euro1080 access card.

I removed the SS2 card and installed the new card and the SW, few minutes after starting the SW application I realize and was shocked from my new situation after being several months with the fantastic DVBViewer SW.

So this is my findings :

Pros:

- The only positive word that I can say about that combo is that it function perfectly when the Euro1080 signal is encrypted (the SW freeze when the encryption starts, so I have to reselect the Euro1080 channel).

Cons:

- No AC3 sound only PCM

- Recording limit - max. 4.0 Gig file size

- No way to edit channel parameters.

- No way to select/integrate decoders.

- No way to control aspect ratio.

- No way to zoom/adjust the image position

- No response from there support.

- No forum

And so on and on and on.....

I feel that I am now at the 19en century. I really hope that :

1. SS2 & the DVBViewer team will find a Ci solution.

2. Some one from Hauppauge or Technotrend is reading this forum.

I can only SALUTE to the fantastic developers and the forum members for creating such a great SW.

BTW - I am not leaving the forum (I am considering to install the SS2 again to stay together with the NOVA that I will use only for the Euro1080). ;)

Cheers,

Rittberg

...hummm, very bad news... ;)

...but from what I can read there are sw problem, not hw related ones, so maybe with a new sw version (or with some other sw!) it may be go away...; moreover I hope that you can feed your PC with either cards...

Best wishes!

Gioxy

Guest hackbart

don't panic, there will be an "LEGAL"!! ;) solution for the skystar2. I'm not sure if this will be solved within the summer or in fall, but anyhow sooner or later (prob. more sooner than later) will be a ci module for this fantastic card. And once Technisat is building an additional card to allow watching encrypted pay tv content, i will add such a thing as fast as possible into the DVBViewer.

Cheers

Christian

• 4 weeks later...
don't panic, there will be an "LEGAL"!! :) solution for the skystar2. 

@Christian

Please advise if there is any news.

In the mean time I decide to invest (EURO 18.5) in the WatchTV Pro NOVA edition SW hoping that this SW will make the WinTV-NOVA-Ci card to function better.

But I am so disappointed with the new SW, It's nice looking but I am facing the regular problems:

- I am not able to record the Euro1080(regular channels - yes) .

- I am not able to select the AC3 @ the Euro1080 (APID 257) - the SW freeze, only stereo (APID 256).

- I am not able to listen to AC3 sound on regular channels ( ZDF etc.) - I get it as PCM or No sound at all.

At least there is a forum where I can write the problems that I am facing, the members are nice and polite but with NO experience to help with the a.m. problems.

Just tell me how long I have to wait for the SS2/DVBViewer solution :bye:

Rittberg